Sante Giuliani

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Sante "fishnbanjo" Giuliano, author, bamboo fly rod authority and former owner of the Classic Fly Rod Forum passed away on Monday

Sante Giuliani, 69, of York, Maine passed away peacefully on Monday, June 17,2019.

Sante was a Vietnam Veteran and went on to spend the majority of his work career as an employee of the Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard and later as a civilian employed by the Naval Clinics throughout the Northeast. His computer expertise was also frequently requested aboard the USS Constitution in Boston Harbor.

Sante’s interests were many and quite varied. His greatest fondness was fly fishing and antique bamboo fly rods. He enjoyed sharing his vast knowledge of rods and rod makers.

Sante leaves a sister, Donna Giuliani, of Worcester, MA, and his wife of 45 years, Eileen. He also leaves behind many wonderful friends and neighbors.

We are forever grateful to the staff of all York Hospital services, most especially the exceptional and caring staff of York Hospital Oncology.

If desired, donations may be made in Sante’s memory to the York Hospital Living Well with Cancer Fund, 127 Long Sands Rd #9B York, ME 03909 in care of Susan Kelly-Westman.

spm

Reaction score
I read this over on the Classic Fly Rod Forum, but wasn't sure it was him. I don't think I ever knew his real name. It was always just fishnbanjo. Whenever I would google something about fly fishing history, or gear, his were among the first answers to pop up.

Very sorry to hear.
steve