southern belize fly fishing

fishyfash

Reaction score
I am lucky enout to be going to belize for work for a few weeks. i wanted to squeeze a day of fishing in for bones and permit down south (Placencia or Punta Gorda). i am looking just for a guide for a day and not a whole "stay and play" package. anyone recomend a guide/lodge for a day of fishing and 2 nights stay?

Piscator

Prospecting for Trout
Reaction score
fishyfash,
I don't know much about any saltwater fly fishing but there is a good article in the Summer 2006 Fly Tyer magazine titled Pops' Bonefish Bitters by David Klausmeyer. This article suggests that Belize's Turneffe Atoll is a fly-fishing dream destination. The Turneffe Flats Lodge is owned and operated by Craig Hayes. For more information you can contact them at 1-888-512-8812 or http://www.tflats.com.

You might also checkout the current issue of the Saltwater Fly Fishing magazine. I believe it has an article over the area that you are going to be in as well.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Terry

striper33

Reaction score
Howdy

I fished in Belize in 2009 and am going back this Nov.
I use El Pescador on Ambergris Caye. Got a Grand Slam out of there in 2009.
Cast to baby tarpon in the national park on the Mexican border (northern Ambergris) and the big boys an hour boat ride south of Ambergris.
Highly recommended.

striper33