Belize: Belize River Lodge vs Coco Plum

f19

Reaction score
Has anyone fished Belize River Lodge and / or Coco Plum. We are a group of 4 - 6 who fished Andros, El Pescador, and Placencia. Love to get feedback on BRL or CP for a trip in Nov - Dec.

chechem

Reaction score
Has anyone fished Belize River Lodge and / or Coco Plum. We are a group of 4 - 6 who fished Andros, El Pescador, and Placencia. Love to get feedback on BRL or CP for a trip in Nov - Dec.
I usually stay on South Water Caye (Blue Marlin Lodge). Stayed there for 6 weeks last summer. That's about 2 miles from Coco Plum.

I've visited Coco Plum, but never stayed there. I have friends who work there. It's a favorite for newlyweds; seldom fishermen. There's little access to fishing by wading there; all boat rides. But the bar is nice, and I hear the food is good.

Never been to Belize River Lodge.

You really should check with Rosella at Blue Marlin Lodge. Great wading there for Bonefish in the flats; right on the barrier reef. Excellent boats. They'll arrange guides.

Rosella: bluemarlinresort@yahoo.com
Aerial of SW Caye (below; arrow to flats). Coco Plum is in the distance at top.

Last edited:

chessieman17

Reaction score
F19
I stayed there last year the first week of May with my dad, brother and buddy. We stayed at the outpost camp which I think was nicer then main lodge. Its a hour run to the outpost camp and your in the heart where the guides fish. I have fished all over Bahamas, Placenia as well. To be honest i didn't really care to go back there. Fishing wasn't that great when we were there, alcourse that is fishing. One of the two guides was very green and you tell him had alot to learn. there is no to very little wading there. There is alot of pressure from EL Pescador lodge making the run all the way down there as well, at least when we were there. We were hoping to target the tarpon that they came early, we saw plenty of permit around the reefs but there was 2-3 boats within 100-150 yards of us. We caught a few bones to save our trip. Overall it was a neat area but nothing like i expected it to be.
chessieman

chechem

Reaction score
F19
I stayed there last year the first week of May with my dad, brother and buddy. We stayed at the outpost camp which I think was nicer then main lodge. Its a hour run to the outpost camp and your in the heart where the guides fish. I have fished all over Bahamas, Placenia as well. To be honest i didn't really care to go back there. Fishing wasn't that great when we were there, alcourse that is fishing. One of the two guides was very green and you tell him had alot to learn. there is no to very little wading there. There is alot of pressure from EL Pescador lodge making the run all the way down there as well, at least when we were there. We were hoping to target the tarpon that they came early, we saw plenty of permit around the reefs but there was 2-3 boats within 100-150 yards of us. We caught a few bones to save our trip. Overall it was a neat area but nothing like i expected it to be.
chessieman
Too bad your trip was less than you expected.
That's why I recommend Blue Marlin Lodge. I'll be there in 3 weeks, and I've never had a bad experience. They have no guides of their own for flyfishing, and hire only the best when you book the trip. If you go back, give them a try.