Belize Trip Mini Report

Hombre06

Reaction score
Well I just got back from my San Pedro, Belize, Bonefish trip and it was a terrific time. I booked a full day of flats fishing through the Tres Pescados Fly Shop and I couldn't have asked for better service. The guide, Rojo, picked us up at 7am sharp and we were soon blasting south to hit the flats. Although we weren't the best casters, Rojo got us onto Bones quickly. If you've never fished for Bonefish before, I highly recommend getting an experienced guide who not only knows where to go but who can spot fish under the surface. Honestly half the time Rojo pointed out fish I never saw them. I just took his direction on where to cast, when to strip line and when to set the hook. Bones are spooking fish and you need to really pay attention or you'll get skunked. I was using my 8wt Sage VXP with a Lamson Guru and an Airflo Ridge Bonefish Fly Line. We primarily used size 8 tan Crazy Charlies in various weights. The Bonefish in San Pedro aren't really big but they will take you into your backing. Never had that done to me before. Pictures.