Bonefishing in Belize for a newbie

agate

Reaction score
I would like to go for a Bonefishing in Belize. I have never been there so I am looking for tips from other fly fishermen who has been there.

I have fished for Redfish in Florida so familiar with Saltwater fishing.

What time of the year is good time to fish there?

How to get there?

Locations in Belize

Lodging facilities- Looking for reasonable, as I will spend most of the time fishing.

Guides?

Other items to consider

chechem

Reaction score
I've been there 30+ times over the past 20 years, and have discussed it in threads herein. Just search for "Belize" in the title and/or read threads of the Belize forum:
Belize - The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Bonefish can be caught any time of year in Belize, but January is my favorite. Days are short then, but the weather is enjoyable (it's cold at home; nice there). Only problem is the wind can be an issue during January (cold fronts reach that far south occasionally).

Belize City International (BZE) receives flights from Miami, Houston, and Dallas several times daily. Probably others too. Once there you can take a $100 hop flight to the islands or coastal cities close to your resort.

Lodging: read the threads. There's a new lodge I mentioned in a thread, called Hidden Caye: http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/belize/341886-best-resort-fishing-diving-spouse-2.html#post784589

Guides: Belize requires all guides to have a license. Started that about 1999; ensures that they are quality. They are. Your resort can make arrangements. Guides provide the boats and knowledge, and they are used to novice fishermen.

Enjoy!