Back form Belize, Blue Bonefish Lodge.

jjc155

Reaction score
Just got back from a week on Ambergris Caye fishing with the crew from the Blue Bonefish lodge. Went with 10 guys, stayed at the lodge and used their guides for 5 days of fishing. We caught several permit, tarpon and uncountable numbers of bonefish over the week.

I can not say enough about the lodge and the guides. Jim and Phylis make you feel at home, food and lodging is great and they and their guides know the area and fishery inside and out. I would have no problem recommending them to anyone who asked.

Def gonna be going back in the future for more fishing. I put some pics up in the Saltwater section.

J-

markg52

Reaction score
My wife and I fly out early Saturday morning for Ambergris. I am booked with Blue Bonefish next Monday. Super stoked for this bucket list trip!

jjc155

Reaction score
My wife and I fly out early Saturday morning for Ambergris. I am booked with Blue Bonefish next Monday. Super stoked for this bucket list trip!
Have fun and drink a few Belikin (or Belizean real sugar Coca Cola) for me!

J-

802flyfish

Reaction score
I was about to ask on here about the bluebonefish. The prices are very reasonable. My Girlfriend and I are looking to book a trip in early to mid November. Is there mant resturants near by? My girlfriend is looking to do some other acitivites..

markg52

Reaction score
802flyfish, I never made it that far down the island via road, but I'd have to say no restaurants or shopping real close. It's shouldn't be too bad of a golf cart or water taxi ride to San Pedro Town. There is a new area called Mahogany Bay being built between BBF and San Pedro that will have some places to eat. I'm pretty sure that Blue Bonefish Lodge is all-inclusive, in fact, my guide Jorge mentioned that he did a lot of cooking there for the guests.

jjc155

Reaction score
I was about to ask on here about the bluebonefish. The prices are very reasonable. My Girlfriend and I are looking to book a trip in early to mid November. Is there mant resturants near by? My girlfriend is looking to do some other acitivites..
The lodge is about 4 miles out of San Pedro so about a 20 minute golf cart ride. We went into San Pedro almost every night after fishing to shop, grab a few beer or get some appetizers before dinner back at the lodge. There are several decent places to eat and hang out at. There is a bar/restaurant about 1/2 way in too (cant remember the name) and there is the new Mahogany Bay complex that has shops and some restaurants going in when we were there. That was just about 10 minutes from downtown San Pedro. There are some smaller cafes etc all along the way once you get closer to San Pedro.

We ate dinner one night at the Blue Water Grill for one of the guys birthdays and it was very good. I had the Snook dinner and it was awesome.

Also hit the El Patio Bar and get the stuffed Jalapenos. They are the size of Green peppers and stuffed with shredded chicken, cheese and veggies. I couldn't get enough of them.

Everywhere we went everyone was cool and very friendly, never felt unsafe etc.

James and Phylis (owners) have been there for years and know the lay of the land real well and will not point you in the wrong direction.

Hope this helps,
J-

cletus

Reaction score
Just booked with the Blue Bonefish Lodge for a week in April. Looks and sounds awesome. I'm looking at 3 days of guided fishing in the package and snorkeling, swimming, and lounging with the family the rest of the time.

I will try to do the forum proud with a trip report. And please bear with me, I will be asking a lot of salt and salt gear questions between now and then!

802flyfish

Reaction score
I've contacted them a few times via email. The responses were very informal, short and vague. They state on their website that a. "4 Nights/3 Days of guided fishing, double occupancy: $1395". However, they state online that they offer a reduced price for off season packages. He quoted me $1495 for the off season price.. The communication was a little bit of a turn off..

cletus

Reaction score

Sitting at the Best Western in Belize City after a week at the Blue Bonefish Lodge, it was awesome (I will do a full trip report this weekend). Email and phone comms was just okay for me as well but once you arrive, Jim and Phyllis bend over backwards to make sure you're taken care of. Maybe the best endorsement is that I'm already looking to book a week next year with them.

I'll write more when I get back to the US,

Eric

cletus

Reaction score
Apologies for the delay, got crushed by work upon my return, should have the trip report done by this weekend

jjc155

Reaction score

Sitting at the Best Western in Belize City after a week at the Blue Bonefish Lodge, it was awesome (I will do a full trip report this weekend). Email and phone comms was just okay for me as well but once you arrive, Jim and Phyllis bend over backwards to make sure you're taken care of. Maybe the best endorsement is that I'm already looking to book a week next year with them.

I'll write more when I get back to the US,

Eric
That is awesome. Glad you had a good time, its a pretty cool place. I'm heading back march 2018 again with most of the same group I went with last year.

J-

802flyfish

Reaction score
Anyone know if food and beverages are included?
We're thinking about pulling the plug on the,

"7 Nights lodging (Saturday to Saturday): $3695
3 Days of guided fishing for 2, 1 snorkel trip to the reef for 2 and 2 free days"

cletus

Reaction score
Meals are included and served family style. They'll send you out for the day of fishing with a bag lunch and drinks. When they pick you up at the dock upon arrival they'll stop at a local market where you can buy beer and booze.