The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Belize Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 03-28-2016, 09:33 PM

jjc155 is a jewel in the roughjjc155 is a jewel in the roughjjc155 is a jewel in the roughjjc155 is a jewel in the rough
Default Back form Belize, Blue Bonefish Lodge.

Just got back from a week on Ambergris Caye fishing with the crew from the Blue Bonefish lodge. Went with 10 guys, stayed at the lodge and used their guides for 5 days of fishing. We caught several permit, tarpon and uncountable numbers of bonefish over the week.

I can not say enough about the lodge and the guides. Jim and Phylis make you feel at home, food and lodging is great and they and their guides know the area and fishery inside and out. I would have no problem recommending them to anyone who asked.

Def gonna be going back in the future for more fishing. I put some pics up in the Saltwater section.

J-
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 5 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mcnerney, dennyk, Ard, GrtLksMarlin, smp005 liked this post
Old 12-06-2016, 01:13 PM

markg52 is just really nicemarkg52 is just really nicemarkg52 is just really nicemarkg52 is just really nice
Default Re: Back form Belize, Blue Bonefish Lodge.

My wife and I fly out early Saturday morning for Ambergris. I am booked with Blue Bonefish next Monday. Super stoked for this bucket list trip!
Likes mcnerney, jjc155, GrtLksMarlin, smp005 liked this post
Old 12-06-2016, 01:41 PM

dennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant future

Sounds like an awsome trip! Glad you and your buddies had a great time!

Denny
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes jjc155, mcnerney liked this post
Old 12-06-2016, 06:25 PM

jjc155 is a jewel in the roughjjc155 is a jewel in the roughjjc155 is a jewel in the roughjjc155 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg52 View Post
My wife and I fly out early Saturday morning for Ambergris. I am booked with Blue Bonefish next Monday. Super stoked for this bucket list trip!
Have fun and drink a few Belikin (or Belizean real sugar Coca Cola) for me!

J-
Likes markg52, mcnerney liked this post
Old 01-19-2017, 05:41 PM

802flyfish has much to be proud of802flyfish has much to be proud of802flyfish has much to be proud of802flyfish has much to be proud of802flyfish has much to be proud of802flyfish has much to be proud of802flyfish has much to be proud of802flyfish has much to be proud of802flyfish has much to be proud of

I was about to ask on here about the bluebonefish. The prices are very reasonable. My Girlfriend and I are looking to book a trip in early to mid November. Is there mant resturants near by? My girlfriend is looking to do some other acitivites..
Old 01-26-2017, 02:02 PM

markg52 is just really nicemarkg52 is just really nicemarkg52 is just really nicemarkg52 is just really nice

802flyfish, I never made it that far down the island via road, but I'd have to say no restaurants or shopping real close. It's shouldn't be too bad of a golf cart or water taxi ride to San Pedro Town. There is a new area called Mahogany Bay being built between BBF and San Pedro that will have some places to eat. I'm pretty sure that Blue Bonefish Lodge is all-inclusive, in fact, my guide Jorge mentioned that he did a lot of cooking there for the guests.
Likes mcnerney liked this post
Old 01-26-2017, 10:17 PM

luj333 is on a distinguished road

Awesome! Anyone score a grand slam?

On my bucket list as well.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luj333 View Post
Awesome! Anyone score a grand slam?

On my bucket list as well.
I did not when I was there but 3 or 4 guys out of our group of 10 did.

J-
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Old 01-27-2017, 07:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjc155 View Post
I did not when I was there but 3 or 4 guys out of our group of 10 did.

J-
Wow, talking about a dream come true, those guys are so fortunate, kudos to them!

Old 01-27-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802flyfish View Post
I was about to ask on here about the bluebonefish. The prices are very reasonable. My Girlfriend and I are looking to book a trip in early to mid November. Is there mant resturants near by? My girlfriend is looking to do some other acitivites..
The lodge is about 4 miles out of San Pedro so about a 20 minute golf cart ride. We went into San Pedro almost every night after fishing to shop, grab a few beer or get some appetizers before dinner back at the lodge. There are several decent places to eat and hang out at. There is a bar/restaurant about 1/2 way in too (cant remember the name) and there is the new Mahogany Bay complex that has shops and some restaurants going in when we were there. That was just about 10 minutes from downtown San Pedro. There are some smaller cafes etc all along the way once you get closer to San Pedro.

We ate dinner one night at the Blue Water Grill for one of the guys birthdays and it was very good. I had the Snook dinner and it was awesome.

Also hit the El Patio Bar and get the stuffed Jalapenos. They are the size of Green peppers and stuffed with shredded chicken, cheese and veggies. I couldn't get enough of them.

Everywhere we went everyone was cool and very friendly, never felt unsafe etc.

James and Phylis (owners) have been there for years and know the lay of the land real well and will not point you in the wrong direction.

Hope this helps,
J-
Likes mcnerney, g4rnet liked this post