Belize Bonefishing

Fish Boy

Reaction score
I've done a lot of local fly fishing for Redfish. I'm ready to kick it up a notch and go for Bonefish. I'd like to go to Belize this summer. Been there before but didn't get to fish. Can someone recommend a good guide and/or lodge?

FB

dougm

Reaction score
Flyfishing Ambergris Caye Belize

8)

Flyfished Belize about 4 years ago. Had a magnificent time. Caught lots of bonefish(10-15 a day) on #8 brown charlies, One tarpon and 5 others jumped, and more missed on 3/0 orange/grizzely cockroach, and broke of a permit on brown charlie(would have made my grand slam). Check your leader! Fished with George Bradley. Not a better guide in the world! Stayed at Victoria House. Wonderful but pricey. You can book George through them or directly. Tarpon are wind dependent as you must cross the bay to get to the best spot, however had a shot at two as we got in the boat at the dock at Victoria House! Saving my pennies to go back.

Fish Bones

Reaction score
Hello Art from Shreveport:

Thanks for your post and great information. I hope you register and participate in this forum on a regular basis.

Steve

Fly Guyusa

Reaction score
If you really want a challenge, contact Blue Horizon Lodge. Emphasis there is on Permit. Lincoln Wesby, the owner, is "the man." Our Tampa Bay Fly Fishing Club has made several trips there. Several members have gone three times.