Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  1

Default Belize countdown

Nearing the 2 week countdown to Belize! I think Iíve read every thread on the forum regarding Belize at least 3x (including at least one started myself), and Iím about as squared away fishing-wise as Iím going to get given my skill set and time allotted for the pursuit. (Have 2 days guided fishing booked, a 7wt and 9wt for those days and some DIY, appropriate clothing, wading boots, and yes....sunglasses (donít need another lengthy thread on thoseBelize countdown)).

With that said, itís the wife and I and we have a couple days out of the 7 weíll be there open for non fishing-related activities. Any recommendations from those of you familiar with the area? Weíll be staying on Ambergris Caye (3 days close to San Pedro and 4 days at a small hotel on the southwest corner of Ambergris). Fry jacks with Marie sharpís and Belikins are already on the list, any particular bars/restaurants or other excursions you guys would suggest? Of course Iím always open to additional fishing recís as well, but donít feel like you need to repeat yourself if youíve already given them on the forum as Iíve probably read it if so .
    Life is like a box of chocolates...and a river runs through it. Or something like that.

Default Re: Belize countdown

Fry Jack with Marie Sharps? Maybe honey instead.

Pick your fishing days based on wind, not the dates. Wind can be limiting during March. Hope you're lucky with it.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by chechem View Post
    Fry Jack with Marie Sharps? Maybe honey instead.

Pick your fishing days based on wind, not the dates. Wind can be limiting during March. Hope you're lucky with it.

Have fun.
    I was thinking about conch fritters with the hot sauce and mis-typed apparently. And yes, fingers crossed on the wind.
    Life is like a box of chocolates...and a river runs through it. Or something like that.

4. Default Re: Belize countdown

Rain is one of my fave restaurants on the Caye.

5. Thanks tx_newb thanked for this post

Elvi’s kitchen was a pleasant surprise.

And for a street side bar, close to the water..Sandy Toes had cold beer and decent food, think we ate there twice in 4 days.

7. Thanks tx_newb thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by tx_newb View Post
    I was thinking about conch fritters with the hot sauce and mis-typed apparently. And yes, fingers crossed on the wind.
    You should pack along a couple of those packets of honey (like they have at restaurants). Honey is great on Fry Jack, and most resorts don't serve it with FJ. Just a suggestion.

9. Thanks tx_newb thanked for this post

Elvi's, Caramba's, The Truck Stop, Secret Beach, the food stands and fly shop at Mahogany Bay.
    http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=23427&dateline=140259  3853

11. Thanks tx_newb thanked for this post

This was probably mentioned in the other Belize threads that you have reviewed, but be sure to bring insect repellent.

13. Thanks tx_newb thanked for this post

I put Marie Sharps on my fry jacks.

15. Likes tx_newb liked this post