Freedom Hawk Pathfinder with Elite Angler Seat

ted4887

Reaction score
This is probably a long shot, but I'll post it here anyways. Someone might be interested, after all.

I've got a yellow Freedom Hawk Pathfinder that I bought new this summer. I also bought a new drift boat though, and this kayak just doesn't ever get used.

This is a kayak built specifically for standing and fishing from. The back "pontoons" can be set to three different positions (Inline, Y, and outrigger style). I've paddled it about 5 times, and I can honestly say that you would have to try very, VERY hard to flip this thing. It's easily the most stable kayak I've ever fished from.

It's 14' long, with 4' of that being the removable outriggers. You can, and should remove these for transport of the kayak if you are transporting on top of your vehicle. The outriggers deploy by simply pulling the levers next to the seat. It also includes an H-bar or belly bar, for something to hold on to or brace your legs against while standing and fishing.

Understanding the need for comfort when paddling, I also upgraded the seat. It's as good of seat as I've ever had in a kayak. Very comfortable, with good lumbar support.

The kayak can easily have a trolling motor attached to with the purchase of their mounting kit ($50 or $100 if I remember correctly). In fact, I'd strongly recommend doing this if you fish lakes. Being that it is made to stand and fish from, you will want the extra control that a trolling motor provides you.

Included with the kayak are: The kayak itself, Cheap paddle, 5lb mushroom anchor and rope, 1 Fly Rod Holder, and Elite Angler seat.

I am willing to meet someone a reasonable distance from Winona, MN to sell this. If you're interested, just message me and we can work something out.

Total price for everything will be $800. This package is worth more than $1500.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4KbK6kGIvc]Freedom Hawk Kayaks New Pathfinder - YouTube[/ame]

I don't have any pictures of mine at the moment, as it's hanging up in the garage. If you're seriously interested in it, I will pull it down from the rafters and get you some real pictures of it.

ted4887

Reaction score
$600 for the full package. Somebody come up to southern Minnesota and take this off my hands before I move next month.

saucebox11

Reaction score
living in ND id totally be all over this if i was in the states. would this thing even fit on a car?

ted4887

Reaction score
Oh for sure. It's a little over 14' assembled, but you can take the rear pontoons off the back for transportation if you want. If you do that, the main body of the kayak is about 10' long.

tln1313

Reaction score
I had one and loved it. Had to get rid of it, and couldn't move it on the forums, so I cut a deal with my local fly shop. I brought to the owner, he hung it in the shop and it sold in a week. Just a thought.

djergensen

Reaction score
Tempted... That things seems awesome for lake fishing. How does it do on rivers?

Last edited:

ted4887

Reaction score
Great on lakes, not as great on rivers IMO. If would be fine on slower rivers where you can use a trolling motor, but it wouldn't be my first river where you'll be dealing with a fast current and rapids.

hangy73

Reaction score
Hello there Ted,

This might be a long shot too. Is your Pathfinder Kayak still available. New to Kayak and trying to find one and get in the game.

Sorry to bother you if you already sold it. Hope you didn't so I can get it. This my cell if you still got it laying somewhere for sell. 651-724-8224...thanks

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

If anyone got a good decent Kayak for sell around this price, please do contact me as well. Text me will be fine. Again this is Ken