Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Books on AZ/White Mountains

I have some family in AZ and go down there a couple times a year. Have been wanting to check off the White Mountains and Apache trout off my list - wondering if anyone has any good books they could recommend? I've been doing the internet searching, but trying to gain all the info I can. Thanks ahead of time.

Default Re: Books on AZ/White Mountains

I would search for the latest book written on the wht mtns if there is one . Fires and drought have changed things throughout the area. I have a 1998 copy of arizona streams and their hatches by mech and rohmer. There is a 2005 second edition. This book is worth having. John Rohmer lives in the wht mtns and is the maker of az simi seal.
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by ggriffi View Post
    Thanks I have that book in my cart, but the guides are hit and miss. The one for Montana is pretty good, but I've seen some other ones that aren't as good. I looked at the table of contents, but didnt see a lot on the White Mountains. I'll probably end up picking it up just to get some more general knowledge of the fisheries in AZ.

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster II View Post
    I would search for the latest book written on the wht mtns if there is one . Fires and drought have changed things throughout the area. I have a 1998 copy of arizona streams and their hatches by mech and rohmer. There is a 2005 second edition. This book is worth having. John Rohmer lives in the wht mtns and is the maker of az simi seal.
    I also have that book in my cart - I was actually leaning towards this one over the other. Might just get both haha. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Arizona-Trout...ds=john+rohmer

Quote Originally Posted by rustneversleeps View Post
    Thanks I have that book in my cart, but the guides are hit and miss. The one for Montana is pretty good, but I've seen some other ones that aren't as good. I looked at the table of contents, but didnt see a lot on the White Mountains. I'll probably end up picking it up just to get some more general knowledge of the fisheries in AZ.

Thanks for the replies.
    I have the one for Wyoming and it's pretty good. Think it was updated either 16 or 17

Blog Entries

I have a book or two on the White Mountains, but they're at least 10 years old by now.

I don't know if you're interested in hiring a guide, but just in case, I'd suggest calling Cinda Howard, Owner/operator of Fly Fish Arizona. She's one of the best guides in AZ, with an impeccable reputation.

Here's the link to her FB page:

Cinda Howard | Facebook
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark