First one

darkcahill

Reaction score
Well seeing I'm the newbie I thought I would post something about Manitoba/Saskatchewan. Looking forward to a great year and hoping the fish are thinking likewise as well. We do a lot of warm water fly fishing up here and it is absolutely a fun time. A couple of pics to get you going.

BigCliff

Reaction score
That's a mighty nice carp that appears to have come out of some fast water, and the biggest catfish i've seen taken on a fly rod. Good work and thanks for reminding us that big fish can be taken on a fly rod without having to go to the pacific northwest or the tropics.

darkcahill

Reaction score
Those fish are typicalup here. We are blessed with the number one location in North America for trophy Channel Cats. What we consider small Cats (those under 30 inches) are very rarely caught. Most Cats will go 35-40 inches and weigh 25-30 pounds. Some nights we give up because our arms get to sore to continue fishing. It's a hard life but someone has to do it.

JBinUTAH

Reaction score
I never would have thought it would be a great place for cats. Thats cool!

fishinmusican

Reaction score
Well this well be my first post, ahhhhhhh, I know darkcahill well. Great guy to go fishing with and he's bang on about how lucky we are up here. One thing to watch out for when you go fishing with him if he hasn't shown you how to do the Red River shuffle your name could quickly become hat floater. The worst part is he'll stand there and laugh his head off.:icon_smil

brucered

Reaction score
oh yes, i remember heading up to lockport before it was overtaken with zillions of people fishing.

i'd head up there with my brother and our rods (spincast) and put a yellow rubber jig and jighead on, purchased at Army/Navy Surplus (now defunct) and head off to lockport and pull out some 30lb catfish.

we took some pics and did the paperwork at one time for the trophy catfish certi, but never handed it in. not sure how safe it is up there for kids, but i'd love to take our 5y old up there and let him pull out a big cat or at least let him help me reel one in again.