4 Threads in 4 years for MB/SK

brucered

Reaction score
come on Manitoban's, where the heck are you?

there must be some fly fishing fanatics up here, right?

i need some local tips, tricks and techiniques so i am ready to come come spring time.

where is everyone fishing in MB?

greatcanadian

Reaction score
Hey Bruce,
Glad to see you made it here!! So how are you feeling about the Allen gear now? Are you please with what you're reading?

brucered

Reaction score
Hey Bruce,
Glad to see you made it here!! So how are you feeling about the Allen gear now? Are you please with what you're reading?
yeah. i'll pull the trigger on the 5/6 rod and 5/6 XL reel. hopefully soon. and get him to throw on some line for me at the same time. then come spring, i can just head out and give it a try. :p

sixweight

Reaction score
I like the 5/6 and 7/8 XL reels that I got. Worth it for the price. I was lucky enough to have fished last week-end. Got some nice Rainbows in the 4/5 lb range. Water temp was 42F (5C).

brucered

Reaction score
I like the 5/6 and 7/8 XL reels that I got. Worth it for the price. I was lucky enough to have fished last week-end. Got some nice Rainbows in the 4/5 lb range. Water temp was 42F (5C).
nice. where were you catching them?

smudger564

Reaction score
Hi Brucered, Iv'e been thinking the same thing about you guys. Where are you all.

I posted a thread on the Canada forums, a while ago with very little repsonse.

I know Canada is a vast unspoilt wilderness, where everyone would like to live and fish their lives out. You must be out fishing??

Best Regards

Stuart:)
Shropshire, UK

brucered

Reaction score
Hi Brucered, Iv'e been thinking the same thing about you guys. Where are you all.

I posted a thread on the Canada forums, a while ago with very little repsonse.

I know Canada is a vast unspoilt wilderness, where everyone would like to live and fish their lives out. You must be out fishing??

Best Regards

Stuart:)
Shropshire, UK
yeah, i'm new to flyfishing, actually don't even have my gear yet. i have an order in with ALLEN for an alpha 5/6 reel and a 6wt rod. no rush thought, we have about 3' of snow and the rivers are all frozen solid.

hope to catch a few with it this year camping.

and now, i wasn't out fishing today, but shoveling and putting up christmas lights :D

sixweight

Reaction score
I'm in Saskatchewan but fish a lot in Manitoba. I think the fishery there is among the best in the world. For pure Trophy Fishing, Patterson Lake near Oakburn is hard to beat for Browns and Rainbows. This lake has a One-Fish limit of 45 cm (17 1/2 inches). Duck Mountain Provincial Park is a Fly Fishing Paradise. Twin Lakes has a catch/release Tiger Trout fishery. Farther north, Barbe Lake is another Trophy Lake that recently gave up a 16.5 lb Brook Trout. I've had 40-fish days on Barbe. Whiteshell River has some nice Rainbows and Brooks. You can even fly fish for Lake Trout in Clearwater lake in the spring and fall. If you are going in the spring, you are in for a treat.
I'll be there for sure. Most of the fly fishers are on this forum:
Fly Fishing Manitoba - Home

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
I live in Northern Minnesota, on Lake of the Woods. It shares a portion of the Lake with Manitoba. I think more people in Canada might fly fish if they fished for more than just Trout. I have a friend who lives on the Ontario side of the Rainy River, and I got him started on fly fishing. He fishes for Walleyes and Smallmouth. I hope one day he will fish for Pike too. You guys have a lot of different species there that seem to be being missed by the fly fisherman you have. Notice the Canadian guy at time 3:15 in this video. Nice Walleye eh?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJXq7Uc0lTY]YouTube - Spey Rod for big Pike[/ame]

tanglefoot

Reaction score
This is manitoba - High Water Country

:army: With flood levels reaching record depths, has anyone ever fished a fly in flood waters???:wavetowel
But seriously, can anyone tell me any thiing about Stoney Creek, I know it was good 50 years ago but I want to try it again, it has changed course several times and the old beaver dams are gone.....Anybody been there lately??
:icon_razz:secret: