Amazing underwater photos of trout

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
That is some pretty awesome photography! He must have some real high dollar equipment to capture underwater photos like that.

JDR

Reaction score
Professional photographers pretty much agree that the camera/lens adds at most 10% to a good photograph. Just as a good rod won't make you a good caster/fisherman, a good camera does not make you a good photographer. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not being critical, just giving credit where credit is due.

nevadanstig

Reaction score
Professional photographers pretty much agree that the camera/lens adds at most 10% to a good photograph. Just as a good rod won't make you a good caster/fisherman, a good camera does not make you a good photographer. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am not being critical, just giving credit where credit is due.
While that's generally true of photgraphy, it pretty much takes a good amount of cash to do underwater shots no matter what. There just isn't really any good budget stuff out there that can do it at a pro level.

802flyfish

Reaction score
I wonder if he sells any of theses? Would be awesome to hang one of these pictures up in the house.

gpwhitejr

Reaction score
Those are great photos! I have tried to take underwater pics with a little waterproof point-and-shoot, but they never come out very well.

Years ago I had the opportunity to do a couple of night dives in Hawaii with a remarkable underwater photographer, Josh Lambus. He had a pretty elaborate camera with various things sticking out of it (lights and stuff I guess). In addition to that he has long dreadlocks that look like a big octopus on his head. He gets some great photos, though typically not game fish:

Photographer of the Week – Joshua Lambus

If you are a diver give this a try, it is a unique experience:

Blackwater Night SCUBA Dive | Big Island Divers

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I've played around with taking underwater pics with a GoPro Hero5, most of them aren't very good, lots of grain, not sure what causes that, but my best one turned out pretty good: