Never hurts to try again

plecain

Reaction score
Earlier in the year I tried a new place. Unfortunately, it was just after one of the few rains we've had this summer. The place was blown out and not good fishing.

This week I went back.

The air was pretty cool in the morning.

So was the water.

Nothing but brook trout this time. Almost every one looked fat.

Although this one looks kind of thin.

Better.

Not a cloud to be seen until very late in the day.

Most fish were the usual small wild fish, but about 10% were of this size.

Just because I like underwater shots.

Compared to when I was last here, there's maybe 1/4 to 1/3 as much water. The fish population is still very healthy here. Now if September/October bring even a little rain, things should continue to be good through Oct 15, at least at higher elevations.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Paul, Whenever you post one of your trip reports, I play this little game with myself, trying to place where you're fishing.
Usually there's no real clue and I can only guess
This time however, I think that I recognize those hills in the background of the first picture . :D

Welch / Dicky ?
won't mention the river... that would be "mad"

plecain

Reaction score
Paul, Whenever you post one of your trip reports, I play this little game with myself, trying to place where you're fishing.
Usually there's no real clue and I can only guess
This time however, I think that I recognize those hills in the background of the first picture . :D

Welch / Dicky ?
won't mention the river... that would be "mad"
Sorry. Wrong part of the WMNF.

mootsfly

Reaction score
Beautiful fish and location......great stuff!

It's been hot and humid in my neck of the woods and we desperately need rain. Great to see other folks fishing for trout. Thanks for sharing!

plecain

Reaction score
If you make it back there when the trees start coloring out, please take a few more photos. The streams and rivers of October are some of my favorites.

Wade safe, Paul, ...
There's a little bit of color in the trees. I took these on this trip.

As far as safe wading goes, I'm really careful. We old guys need to be;). It's hard to tell from a picture, but this place is very steep. There's also nobody else anywhere close. Add the fact that cell phones don't work here and you have good reason to be careful.