Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default First fish of the evening....it's huge.

I had just put on a little midge nymph. I let it do it's first float and then picked it up to cast to another spot. It felt odd and I thought my line had wrapped around my reel. When I could see no obvious problems I pulled in my line to find this whopper had received a free round trip ride on the Big Sky express. None of his buddies are going to believe him when he tells his tale of terror in the upper world

Man BigSky, you must have some huge hands to make a 12" fish look so small!
    Last edited by flytyer56; 08-01-2009 at 09:38 PM.
    One Out Of Four People In This Country Is Mentally Unbalanced.
    Think Of Your 3 Closest Friends...
    If They Seem Okay,
    Then You're The One!!!!!

Blog Entries

Very cool picture!

Larry

Blog Entries

Default haha nice

nice i had a similar thing happen to me...i was just walking back to the truck draggin a fly in the water and i thought it got hooked on something...so i gave it a yank and then it felt like i had a rock on the nd of my line...turned out to be a little smallie about that size that had got his mouth over a zie 8 or 10 leech..
    "A good cast is like a good whiskey- It's smooth and hits the spot" -Anonymous fly fishing guide

I was amazed at how this seemingly innocuous turn of events made me smile. It truly is amazing the curves the baseball game of life throws at you when you are out enjoying nature.

6. Talking

Big Sky, they say your supposed to hold the fish away from your body and closer to the camera

Jim

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BigSky View Post

I had just put on a little midge nymph. I let it do it's first float and then picked it up to cast to another spot. It felt odd and I thought my line had wrapped around my reel. When I could see no obvious problems I pulled in my line to find this whopper had received a free round trip ride on the Big Sky express. None of his buddies are going to believe him when he tells his tale of terror in the upper world
    I have had the same thing, rocket launched a embarrisingly small 3 inch trout on my backcast. I have also had my arm almost torn out of its socket walking upstream with my line in the water from a steely.

Default Re: First fish of the evening....it's huge.

Caught a couple just about that size myself this past week!

Default Re: First fish of the evening....it's huge.

Great Pic Big Sky...Maybe you should consider going up to an 8 wt...

Dan