First fish of the evening....it's huge.

BigSky

Reaction score

I had just put on a little midge nymph. I let it do it's first float and then picked it up to cast to another spot. It felt odd and I thought my line had wrapped around my reel. When I could see no obvious problems I pulled in my line to find this whopper had received a free round trip ride on the Big Sky express. None of his buddies are going to believe him when he tells his tale of terror in the upper world

flytyer56

Reaction score
Man BigSky, you must have some huge hands to make a 12" fish look so small!

Last edited:

flyfisher117

Reaction score
haha nice

nice i had a similar thing happen to me...i was just walking back to the truck draggin a fly in the water and i thought it got hooked on something...so i gave it a yank and then it felt like i had a rock on the nd of my line...turned out to be a little smallie about that size that had got his mouth over a zie 8 or 10 leech..:shades:

BigSky

Reaction score
I was amazed at how this seemingly innocuous turn of events made me smile. It truly is amazing the curves the baseball game of life throws at you when you are out enjoying nature.

2Rymans

Reaction score
Big Sky, they say your supposed to hold the fish away from your body and closer to the camera:)

Jim

saltflytyer

Reaction score

I had just put on a little midge nymph. I let it do it's first float and then picked it up to cast to another spot. It felt odd and I thought my line had wrapped around my reel. When I could see no obvious problems I pulled in my line to find this whopper had received a free round trip ride on the Big Sky express. None of his buddies are going to believe him when he tells his tale of terror in the upper world
I have had the same thing, rocket launched a embarrisingly small 3 inch trout on my backcast. I have also had my arm almost torn out of its socket walking upstream with my line in the water from a steely.