Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default My first two rainbows

Although ive been fly fishing for alomst 7 or 8 years now ive never fished in a system thats held a large rainbow trout population. Ive caught golden trout, lake trout, brookies, and ofcourse browns. Today fishing in a creek i caught my first few rainbows. The first i hooked on a woolly bugger with beadhead half red chenelle and half black with light green hackle and an olive maribou tail. Second hooked on a conhead rubber-hackled bugger that was a flashy brown color. The first fish (shown 1st picture) was probably around 16 inches(guesstimate) and the second was a lot fatter but about the same length(picture looks smaller because its in the net and fish's body bends with the contour of the net). I really had fun with these guys on the line, the second one probably jumped 2 feet clear out of the water multiple times. its safe to say i will return to this spot and go after these guys again. They are fun fish in an area that mainly holds smallies in its river systems.
    tom

Blog Entries

Default Re: My first two rainbows

Thats cool, they do raise a fuss don't they?

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Troutbum,
    Good job! I hope that you hook into many more 'bows.

MP

Blog Entries

Congrats...I remember my first bow....it was long agohope you'll catch many more

Awesome catch! Keep fishing that river.