First Steelie Trip of the Fall Season

HuronRiverDan

Reaction score
Just got back from my first steelie trip of the year, great being in the stream chasing steel again. My buddy and I drove over to Elk Creek in PA. Conditions were tough yesterday with the tremendous "Leaf" hatch coming off; it was non-stop all day long. We did manage some fish despite the hatch. We planned on fishing all day today but got rained out, Elk was nearly in flood. Here's a pic of my first of the new season...

Dan

Sasha

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sweet!!!!!

I need to try the steelhead thing. But I am going to end up missing this season due to work reasons. So the most I can hope for is catching their much smaller cousins (at least until the general season shuts down after NOV 30th) ;)

HuronRiverDan

Reaction score
Yes it is Mark, I saw it in the shop when I was in PA in the spring and it just wouldn't stop whispering "Take me home with you"...It's a 10' 6wt Echo, that was the first steelie on it; and it handled it well. Really liked the way it fishes...

Dan

bpfohler

Reaction score
Steelhead are my favorite to fish. That's a nice little porker, I bet it put up a good fight.

HuronRiverDan

Reaction score
Fall run Steelies can't be beat for fight... The bonus is the beautiful surroundings, the color of the leaves; until the darn things are falling in the stream...:D

Dan