What a year

tjc

Reaction score
Lost my wife of 47 years in May. I then lost a lot of my sorrow in fly fishing. I fished for stocked trout and wild trout in WV and Md during the spring. In July I fly fished Bristol Bay south of Miami for Bone fish and Yellow fin. Much of the summer I fly fished the Potomac River for smallmouth. In October I spent 10 days in Alaska fly fishing for Salmon on the Dog Salmon River on the Penninsula( purple egg sucking leeches are best ). November came and I fished the Salmon River and Chautauqua Creek in Western NY for steelhead using mostly egg patterns. The year passed quickly and the flyfishing was good medicine for my sad heart. There is nothing like a trout hooked on a fly in midstream. :eek:

flytyer_neal

Reaction score
I'm very sorry for your loss, I almost lost my family due to a head on crash two years ago, 3 days after my wife told me to go fishing, found out I couldn't concentrate.....casting without a fly....but I would do what you have done....

Sasha

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I too am very sorry for your loss :(

For some reason getting out and fishing does seem to help out a bit.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
tjc: Sorry to hear your wife has passed on. I have found fly fishing to be very good therapy and it sounds like it has helped you also.

Larry

rickf

Reaction score
I also had a wonderful year of fishing. My loss of my wife of 24years was a little different!
The "nice religious girl" left me and married a low income used car salesman! LOL She was too stupid to get my money! so was he, but that's OK with me!!
Fishing is therapeutic, especially fly fishing almost every day.
In my case, I'm glad she's gone. I've never been happier in my entire life.
Both salt and fresh, I've had so many wonderful times with a fly rod that nobody would believe me.
The single life is the good life!! Soon you'll see that.