Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Just checkin' in

Hi Fellows,
    It's been a while and I hope you are all doing ok.

Winter is still very real here in Northern CO but I managed to get one of my best days, ever. Big fish, mild weather, complete solitude, and beautiful surroundings on the Poudre.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: Just checkin' in

I think you may have already told me, but where in Northern Colorado are you? I used to live there myself. Graduated from Poudre High School in Fort Collins.

3. Default Re: Just checkin' in

Right here in the Fort!

Blog Entries

Welcome back, good to hear from you.

Blog Entries

Welcome back, post some photos of your fishing if you have a camera, we would love to see your fish!

Larry

6. Default Re: Just checkin' in

I want to but "Posting rules" say I may not post attachments...

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Welcome back, post some photos of your fishing if you have a camera, we would love to see your fish!

Larry

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

In the meantime: colotrout Gallery - My Photo Gallery

Great Pics!.....Will be in Estes this August....Is the Poudres still having WD problems?

8. Default Re: Just checkin' in

WD problems? What's that?

Sorry about that...read an article dated 2009 that said the Poudre was infected with Whirling Disease.

10. Default Re: Just checkin' in

Well, I will enquire at local fly fishing shops but I must say that I haven't heard anything locally. I'm assuming that if it was a serious problem, I would have heard something.

Also, waylan, if you are going to be in Estes, and if you haven't fished it, I would suggest your try the Big Thompson. If flows right thru town and can be fished for miles practically all the way to Loveland though I would stray upstream of Drake. You also should fish in the Park. The roaring river offers exceptional small stream fishing and you would be fishing the very special Greenback Cutthroat! And the scenery is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast