Big Browns And Dry Flies!!

Davo

Reaction score
JJ

This video definitely gives you the itch to go fishing. Glad you enjoyed it!! It is just the trailer for a full length DVD supposed to be released in late 2010. I'll definitely be buying that DVD!! ;)

simmons_j_m

Reaction score
Just what I needed for California's river opener this Saturday... hope to find the same kind of success :thumbsup:

Bigfly

Reaction score

Don't need to fly far, just drive a little.
Posted this on photobucket, thought it might work for opening day motivation.
7# Truckee River brown, taken on a 10 dry Ant, about a week ago or so.
We've had a couple bigger fish on, but they did a Houdini.
Can you say SKWALLLAS, I thought so......

Jim

jcw355

Reaction score
That is a great video. Catching trout on a dry has to be the most exciting way to fish for them.

Bigfly

Reaction score
Davo, it was a sweet brown, you should have seen his aerial self-release a second later.
The thing got wings! Three to four feet, then an aquatic sumo style landing, and gone.
At least he posed for a a photo.
The one that caused heart fibrillations, was in the "oh my god" size class, that spanked a client a few days later. Much larger, and smarter. Some of the best local brown fishing, that I've ever seen, this year. Still, NZ would be nice if I could find the $, and pull myself away..

Jim

Last edited:

oregonism

Reaction score
I'm hoping to nail a few big browns this summer here in Oregon. I know there are a few rivers that have some nice ones... that'll even take dry's from time to time. I missed the skwalla hatch this year because I was out of town. Hopefully I can hit it next year.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Davo: Thanks for sharing, that video sure is inspirational! I've watched it 4-5 times and it really gets me motivated to want to get out on the water.

Larry