Chasing little brownies

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last week I went fishing twice and decided to fish the upper sections of the two streams where I spent innumerable hours for years(Orb and Lergue) ...they’re still beautiful and very interesting to cast flies .I specially love the Lergue,I have memories there behind every rock ….this section is very technical unfortunately the density of fish…is but the shadow of its former self…same with hatches.Anyway I could catch some wonderful little brownies on dry (jpb olive & dace’s delight)and enjoyed the scenery.I used my new Streamflex 10’( not a 6’ or 7’ Ard) and really like it( I should post a review when I finish all my tests)
Some pics
River Orb

Stream Lergue

Pic from the pass between the two valleys.

Some little brownies.

yatahey

Reaction score
Beautiful pics JP. I love chasing little wild brownies too. Looks like some really tight quarters between the bushes there. Tough casting.

chuck s

Reaction score
The beautiful scenery and nature of those streams offset the low density of the fish by leaps and bounds! What a neat place to fish and make memories!:cool:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
JP: Both of those streams are really beautiful! Don't let Allan see that water, he might want to move into your spare bedroom! LOL!

Larry

Stillwater angler

Reaction score
Wonderful river and great little browns....... thanks for posting them.

Your spoilt rotton :p

How big can the browns go in that river ?

I've been hooked on wild browns for near 30 years...... :):).... have a small town river i minute from my door and a larger river, the river Ure, also 1 minute from my door.......... it's great :)

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
JP: Both of those streams are really beautiful! Don't let Allan see that water, he might want to move into your spare bedroom! LOL!
Allan will be here on friday....don't know where we'll go yet:D
Larry
Wonderful river and great little browns....... thanks for posting them.

Your spoilt rotton :p

How big can the browns go in that river ?

I've been hooked on wild browns for near 30 years...... :):).... have a small town river i minute from my door and a larger river, the river Ure, also 1 minute from my door.......... it's great :)
the biggest brown I caught( in the eighties:() was 18" but I once found a dead one which was 24....I couldn't believe it:eek::eek:

Always a pleasure to see the trout streams of France. Some day maybe we will trade trips,

Ard
My door is always open for my fishing friends;)

ethiepeeps

Reaction score
I'm new to the form and only been fly fishing for 12 months but already clocked up hundreds of hours on the reservoirs. Last year I got some waders and went into our local shallow river Almond' Livingston West lothian Scotland which as it turns out is loaded with 1/2 lb browns. I had offer-after-offer all day but never landed or even hooked one! I was using s18 river drys with the whole fly Ginked. Someone said the trout were flicking the fly to drown it and since I had fully Ginked the fly it did not sink hence the trout ignored it.

Thoughts?