Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default A beautiful day in PA

Monday evening was a great day to be on the water, but then aren't they all great days to be on the water. A local free stone stream was a bit stained from some recent rain, but perfect for some nymphing. The sun was shining, the fish were biting, and I was fishing with my Dad and brother. What could possibly be better? I was using a weighted #14 Bird's Nest nymph under a strike indicator to plumb the depths of the pockets. A few small rainbows mashed the nymph, and then a nice brown came to play.

It was a good fish, full of vim and vinegar, but it came to the net in good time. A quick picture in the grass, and back into the water.

A few minutes later, another decent brown couldn't resist the 'nest. It too came to the net, but didn't like posing for a glamour shot.

Back into the water it went to fight another day. South Central/West PA is a great place to live and fish.
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

Default Re: A beautiful day in PA

Nice report and pics Homer...Anytime you can fish with family is special...

Dan

Default Re: A beautiful day in PA

Great looking fish! I think this past Monday was good in SE Pennsylvania as well. The picture of the brown in the water says it all!