Default Re: Brook Trout Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by yareelohim View Post

So how did they taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    So how did they taste?
    LMFAO. Sad storry huh?

3. Default Re: Brook Trout Pictures

These are such beautiful fish. I've only caught brookies once and they were all very small, 3 of them wouldn't even made a meal for one person. I'm going to have to find some place where I can catch some decent sized ones.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Quote Originally Posted by driftlessman View Post
    LMFAO. Sad storry huh?

Look, I have no issue with those that choose to legally keep fish. Now if someone were to say they were practicing C&R. Then posted pics of fish being finger banged in the gills, I would have an issue with that (as should any C&R fishermen). Now I don't know if those fish were kept or not, hence the "how did they taste" line.

Finally got a chance to go fishing; here's some from a small kettle lake in MI...

Spent a great afternoon and evening with the Brookies... Pic quality isn't the greatest, they're from my Motorola...

Dan

6. Likes bigfishcatcher liked this post

8. Default Re: Brook Trout Pictures

Dan, those are some beautiful brook trout.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Figured the brook trout worship topic might appreciate a little pizazz. Here's a brookie I just finished.

"Northern Exposure"
    The summer of 2010 I was fortunate enough to visit one of the world’s best, wild brook trout fisheries, the God’s River, Manitoba. We witnessed brook trout in excess of 8lbs (27"+), cruising in the gin clear waters of the God’s. It was awe-inspiring to see wild trout thriving in an untouched and unforgiving environment. This drawing aims to depict the beauty of the brook trout in all its splendor, and place it in the natural setting in which they thrive.

Here's a 21" and a 20" we caught during our visit. These were the smallest fish we saw in the pods which typically consisted of 6-10 fish, which we found mostly in the headwaters above a set of falls/rapids. Was a tough bite (heat of late July) and we only managed to land three in 4 days of fishing. Seen lots but they all had some serious lock jaw. Walleye fishing was phenomenal though which made up for the brookie fishing.

Nick

10. Likes mike_derfla, iv_wjb liked this post
    Blog Entries

Nick: Great looking Brookies, I just love your painting, very well done indeed.

Dan: Congrats on the very nice looking Brookies!

Tyler: Same to you, Congrats!

Larry
    Larry

12. Default Re: Brook Trout Pictures

july 2 at the cross river @ pound ridge
    Last edited by joebloe; 07-03-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: photo

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast