Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default A day at Deckers

I've been busy digitizing my library of 35mm slides for the last week. Actually, I've just started. It's gonna be a long tedious process. Today I had to get out of the house as I was getting cross eyed staring at a computer screen and adjusting slide exposures and color balances.

Had a good day chasing trouts despite the low flows.

As I approached the hole I wanted to fish today I was greeted by a male Merganser who was not very happy to see me.

My first fish came after just a few casts. He took a golden stone fly.

Next fish came shortly after on a chartreuse caddis larva.

When a hatch of large midges started I switched to a white and black JuJubeatis and it was game on for about an hour. Lost a bunch of fish on bad hook sets and one pig who straightened out the hook.

I was surprised by this nice brown who also took a black and white JuJu.

The fish down there are in prime fighting shape and are making great runs and head shakes.

Gotta love a good fish day.

Blog Entries

Default Re: A day at Deckers

Yat: Great fishing report and photos, congrats on the awesome fish!

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Bob,

What are you using to transfer the slides with, brand of gizmo please. Also what sort of software do I need to do this myself?

The fish up there are always full of it and they must come from the egg big Nice,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Great report Yat...

Dan

5. Default Re: A day at Deckers

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Bob,

What are you using to transfer the slides with, brand of gizmo please. Also what sort of software do I need to do this myself?

The fish up there are always full of it and they must come from the egg big Nice,

Ard
    Ard,
    I'm doing it the hard way. I'm using a light box, my Nikon D7000 w/ 60mm macro lens and tripod. I set the slides on the light box and photograph them with the DSLR using mirror up and a wireless remote shutter release.
    The software I'm using is Adobe Lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS5. The nice thing about Lightroom is I can hook up the camera to my laptop and shoot directly into Lightroom through a USB cable. It's called tethered shooting. After each exposure the image comes up in Lightroom and I can do the necessary adjustments right then and there, plus the images are instantly loaded in the library file that I designate.
    The hard part is the negatives. They require much more color correction. I'm thinking I may just farm those out to a pro duplication outfit. They are now charging as little as .35 per for a 4000 dpi scan.

Blog Entries

Nice pics and...fish Yat

Good stuff right there

I have heard that there is a scanner that will take your slides and digitize them.

8. Default Re: A day at Deckers

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Good stuff right there

I have heard that there is a scanner that will take your slides and digitize them.
    Yes there are many of them with varying degrees of quality scans. The ones that will give me the quality I want cost in the $2000-$4000 range. I can get nearly the same quality doing it the way I am but it is tedious. Here's an example of the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by yatahey View Post

I especially liked the photo above.

Am I crazy or does it look like that fish is sticking it's tongue out at you?
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

10. Default Re: A day at Deckers

Yeah it does. He was a feisty fishy.