Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1,059
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on a good trip, so many times things don't work as we plan and it's a pleasure to see such great results.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

First time poster on this site. Used to fly fish when I was 12-13 until competitive mountain biking took me away from it. Always missed being on the river. Five years later and Ive been back out for my first trip, and regretting not fishing this whole time. Fished a nice river which was really remote. My cousin and I did not see a sign of anyone the whole day.

Didnt catch anything large persay, but the little brookies and browns are just as fun and rewarding I think.

I love this stream, almost feels like you are inside and alone with the river when its surrounded by thick brush.

3. Likes wt bash liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ritchierich View Post
    First time poster on this site. Used to fly fish when I was 12-13 until competitive mountain biking took me away from it. Always missed being on the river. Five years later and Ive been back out for my first trip, and regretting not fishing this whole time. Fished a nice river which was really remote. My cousin and I did not see a sign of anyone the whole day.

Didnt catch anything large persay, but the little brookies and browns are just as fun and rewarding I think.

I love this stream, almost feels like you are inside and alone with the river when its surrounded by thick brush.

Welcome to the forum Ritchierich! Happy to have you join us. I share your mentality...the small streams are my favorite and I feel that they make the fishing much more intimate and relaxing.
    Glad to see you've finally picked up a rod again and looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Blog Entries

Hi Ritchi,

Welcome to the group, I catch a lot of small fish too but enjoy being out there just like you.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Nice to see a new face on the forum. Pretty little stream but isn't that what it's really all about! Nice post!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Thanks for the positive welcome. I look forward to more fishing and more posts!

Blog Entries

Nice pics of a nice place, I could walk in there with a sandwich, gatorade and a fly rod and have 12 hours fly by like nothing.

In my opinion solitude and small brookies = a fantastic day

elbow to elbow combat fishing for big ones = no fun
    "The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

Blog Entries

[ame=http://vimeo.com/43712990]Golden Brown on Vimeo[/ame]
    "Thomas Jeff..." Senator Reisman (Sam Shepard) Swordfish

Awesome video...thanks for sharing!

Here is one of my favorite small creeks. I've caught fish out of this little creek all year long. There are some nice ones even. I don't think anyone really fishes it. I looked it up on montana's FWP and it says there's no fish in it. That always helps keep people away.

I will post another creek tomorrow. I had to ride 15 miles to it on bike today but it was worth it.

Troy

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast