Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1,059
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

One of those streams where your rod can touch both banks at the same time.

Little wild 8" brookie.

Arrow Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

A couple more from a pretty local creek. This one is full of wild Cutthroats of all sizes. Unlike you guys back East, here we have weirs to keep the rainbows out of our small creeks and streams.

One pic is a little over-exposed, but you get the idea...

3. Likes madjoni, coloradocaddis970, Ard liked this post

Bob, that first pic looks like many a small streams in Montana but the other creek...I haven't found many like that. Looks like a challenging little stream. Just curious, what's the elevation there?

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    Bob, that first pic looks like many a small streams in Montana but the other creek...I haven't found many like that. Looks like a challenging little stream. Just curious, what's the elevation there?
    It's actually just different sections of the same creek! Elevation where these pics were taken is around 6500 ft. It's about an hour's drive from Montana and a half hour's drive from Wyoming.

The willows on the bank do make it tricky, so your backcast has to be perfectly parallel to the bank and cast directly upstream. The pic with the bridge gives a better idea how wide the majority of the creek is.

Feels pretty good to catch some cutthroat in such a tricky place!

Interesting, it just looks like a high elevation meadow. Probably frozen stiff about now! But spring is coming to the low-lands around here, though a storm is blowing in today the Robin's and Waxwings are here. Always a positive sign.

I can post this streams that i fished for 2 days. This is inside an old and forgotten estancia in South Patagonia.

hope you like it

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    Interesting, it just looks like a high elevation meadow. Probably frozen stiff about now! But spring is coming to the low-lands around here, though a storm is blowing in today the Robin's and Waxwings are here. Always a positive sign.
    Hopefully! Many of the places around here are still frozen over, but I have seen a few more birds lately.

Fortunately a couple of the nearby rivers are open and the banks are thawing, making for some fun but cold fishing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY1yRiy-Zy4]Fly Fishing in New Zealand...Micro stream Brown Trout - YouTube[/ame]

Check out some of the trout this guy pulls out of this tiny tiny stream.

Mike

10. Likes madjoni liked this post
  11. Default Re: Small stream Stories and Pictures;

that picture reminds me of my mothers farm

I had a chance to fish today for a few hours and did pretty well, all things considered. The fish weren't cooperative right away this morning, and the ones that did strike, I missed the hookset on. I covered about a 1/2 mile in the first section that I fished, and landed 3 fish for my efforts. Things would get better though.

At one point I though I heard something making it's way through the brush. Turns out, it was just an old hound who I was quickly able to make friends with.

After fishing the first section, and parting ways with my new friend, I headed upstream a few miles to see if my luck would change. However, I knew my window was short because the snow was melting like crazy and water conditions were deteriorating rapidly.

I timed it right though, because as soon as my line hit the water on the next short section that I fished, I was into them. Over the next hour and a half, I proceeded to catch a fish on almost every drift. I had four buggers get completely torn apart by those vicious little browns. And then, just like somebody flipped a switch, it was all over. The fish had completely shut down.

13. Likes madjoni, mista_bob, milt spawn liked this post
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast