Success Today!

troutslayer

Reaction score
Saw this fish rising at the end of this pool the other day so today I decided to give him a try. The pool is fairly shallow and crystal clear so I was standing on the rocks to the left of the picture. Tried an Adams dry#16 with a 5X tippet but wouldn't go for it. Tried some things I have never tried before. Tied on a peice of 6x tippet with a Griffith Gnat#20 and on the third try he took it! I was pretty excited about trying some new things and they worked! Always trying to learn more! Like Brad Pitt said in A RIver Runs Through It, "It's gonna take me three more years to think like a fish!

troutslayer

Reaction score
What I forgot to mention was that the fish was not lunging at whatever he was eating, he was sipping them from the surface. If you didn't see him sip and the slight ripple it triggered, you wouldn't have seen him because the ripple dispersed quickly. When he sipped the gnat I set the hook because I wasn't sure what he did but when the hook got set, there was a fish on! Most fish I've caught slapped at the fly with a splash before they took it!