Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Midges a Success!

those are nice brown. Did you tie those flies? Then would you post pictures of those flies. I am thinking of going to a water near here and want to fish exclusively with midges and so I am ready to spend times tying some flies.

Default Re: Midges a Success!

No I didn't tie them. I used to tie flies but got away from it. Started again this year but these were bought, not even sure where I 've had them so long. Just straight Cream and Grey Midges in #18 & 20's will work. Usually tie some 6X tippet on to float them and they have to be exactly floating right. I skidded one over a rising trout yesterday and he refused, wouldn't even come up to look. Moved over to give it a straight cast and gulp, he took it! These fish are real finnicky about how the midges are presented, as I'm sure they are everywhere.
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12