Green River Trip

two_nymph_rig

Reaction score
Just got back from my first trip to the Green River. The fishing was much different than I am used to on the Wind River in Wyoming. I was very surprised when the first fish I caught out of the Green River was actually a lake trout. along with the next two. I have also never seen whitefish rise to a dry fly, but I managed to catch about a dozen of them. I camped up by the Green River lakes and on saturday I made the 40 mile trip down to the Warren Bridge section of the Green. I caught a few fish there, with the biggest being a brown going around 14 inches. The biggest fish of the trip was a rainbow I caught this morning, he was right around 21 inches. The first lake trout picture is 20-21 inches. Overall it was a fun weekend, with several fish and several surprises. I'll let the pictures say the rest.

Davo

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great trip. Nice photos too. I've caught a couple of lakers in the green over the years. River down by warren bridge really cleared up on Friday so I'm not surprised it fished well for you!!

cpiercem

Reaction score
Beautiful fish and river. I have caught lots of whitefish on drys, but I haven't ever caught a lake trout in a river yet. Are the lake trout swimming down the river from the lakes? Great trip report!

littledavid123

Reaction score
Ard beat me to it, but man...Does it get any better than a plate of fish and cold pork n beans. If someone asked me to describe summer, I would show them your picture.

The pictures tell me you had a great time and I appreciate you sharing them with us. :)

Dave