Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Information help Meeker, Co (white river)

1. Default Information help Meeker, Co (white river)

Help me if you can, I am looking for fishing information on the white river at Meeker, CO. I am looking for a Local fly shop there with a web board. I don't get to fish in the area as I live in S.E. Oklahoma, However my son works in the area 2 weeks out of each month and am outfitting him with traveling rods and such from my supply of gear. I am hoping I can get him some local fishing info to give him a chance to enjoy the sport that I love..I am looking for basic information to key me in as places to fish and what kind of general patterns that work inthe area.. mike

Default Re: Information help Meeker, Co (white river)

Hi Mike,

Try this link for some good information on fishing the White River around Meeker. It gives some access information.

3. Default Re: Information help Meeker, Co (white river)

Hi Mike,
    I'm not familiar with that area but if you get the chance in the end of April, Hit the Arkansas River for the Caddis Hatch. It is much smaller here then it is in OK.
    Mitch

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*

4. Default Re: Information help Meeker, Co (white river)

Frank, thanks for the web site..seems to have a lot of information..Does anyone know of fly shop around meeker?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLove View Post
    Frank, thanks for the web site..seems to have a lot of information..Does anyone know of fly shop around meeker?
    Hi Mike,

Try this spot in Meeker.

Wyatt's Sports Center 223 8th St, PO Box 1538, Meeker, CO 81641 970-878-4428, Meeker's only full-time, full-line sporting goods store. License sales, hunting, fishing, camping equipment, maps, souvenir items, and more! Small town friendly service with big-store discount prices.

Mike,
    I've not fished out there, but there are some great fly shops on the road going out that way. Cutthroat Anglers in Sliverthorne Fly Fishing Colorado - Cutthroat Anglers / Silverthorne, Colorado USA - Fly Fishing in Colorado is a great shop. Just a little over an hour west of Denver on I-40. There's also these guys close to Vail Fly Fishing Outfitters - Home This shop in Glenwood springs would be the most local of my 3 suggestions- Roaring Fork Anglers :: Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado

Also of interest http://roaringforkwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.