Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  448
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 283

Thread: Steelhead Pics

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Strathroy, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    271

    Default Re: Steelhead Pics

    Hey
    How do you post pics? I've got a few I'd like to share...Great Lakes Steelies!

    King Joe, Outa Here!

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    On a trout stream/Suburban Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,358
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Steelhead Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by king joe View Post
    Hey
    How do you post pics? I've got a few I'd like to share...Great Lakes Steelies!

    King Joe, Outa Here!
    I'd love to see them! Here you go:

    A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums;
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

  3. Likes Ard liked this post
  4. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Buffalo/SRQ FL/Götebörg, Sweden
    Posts
    2,431
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Steelhead Pics

    Took a solo trip out before class today to some new water. Caught two, failed on the hook set on a third, and made it to my 11 oclock on time. First fish came twenty minutes after sunrise, and showed me that I need to find a way to take better photos of my own fish:

    Fifteen minutes later, a smaller but feistier fish followed. I had my gopro up on a tripod and caught the cast, hook set, most the fight, and some good release footage. Here's a still I snagged from the gopro:

    Of course, ended the day on a missed opportunity but overall, not bad for a pre-class outing. Beautiful surroundings and some light snow to make it feel like I was actually steelheading. And to remind me how much I need to find my gloves before it gets any colder.

    MVP award for the day, however, goes to the drag on the new Allen Kraken reel, paired with my Olympic 12' 5wt spey. The smooth start-up is more than capable of dealing with the characteristic bursts of fresh steelhead, and the large arbor helps with picking up line quickly after these runs. And it looks awesome:
    - A.J.

    Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

  5. Likes stl_geoff, newby, jaybo41, lthrnk03, ben664 liked this post
  6. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pocono Lake , Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,173

    Default Re: Steelhead Pics

    Nice looking fish AJ ! Like the beefy one your holding ! Sometimes those quicky trips workout real well! Looks like it wasnt brutally cold either.
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

  7. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Buffalo/SRQ FL/Götebörg, Sweden
    Posts
    2,431
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    It was only in the lower 30s so it wasn't too bad, the buff and full baseball hat is enough to keep warmth in, and the shirt is one of the Simms Coldweather shirts, which is fleece-lined. They're killer. Even in the 40s sometimes I find myself rolling up my sleeves.
    - A.J.

    Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

  8. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    On a trout stream/Suburban Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,358
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Steelhead Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
    Took a solo trip out before class today to some new water. Caught two, failed on the hook set on a third, and made it to my 11 oclock on time. First fish came twenty minutes after sunrise, and showed me that I need to find a way to take better photos of my own fish:

    Fifteen minutes later, a smaller but feistier fish followed. I had my gopro up on a tripod and caught the cast, hook set, most the fight, and some good release footage. Here's a still I snagged from the gopro:

    Of course, ended the day on a missed opportunity but overall, not bad for a pre-class outing. Beautiful surroundings and some light snow to make it feel like I was actually steelheading. And to remind me how much I need to find my gloves before it gets any colder.

    MVP award for the day, however, goes to the drag on the new Allen Kraken reel, paired with my Olympic 12' 5wt spey. The smooth start-up is more than capable of dealing with the characteristic bursts of fresh steelhead, and the large arbor helps with picking up line quickly after these runs. And it looks awesome:
    Gator, you have the life man! Out on the water in the mornings for Steel then on to business. To say that I am envious is an understatement! Very nice steel, congrats on that. Great shots. I was going to say the 2nd shot was my favorite, until I saw the last one. Now I am torn. Both are stellar dude! Very nice work, thanks for sharing. This year hasn't afforded me much time on the water, so I am living vicariously through people's contributions on the board and friend's experiences.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

  9. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Strathroy, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    271

    Default Re: Steelhead Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
    I'd love to see them! Here you go:

    A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums;
    Thanks jay

    So apparently I have saved my pics as "large" on my camera...and as such, they are too big (kb-wise) to download. I will see if I can re-jig the saves and get them on here.

    King Joe Outa Here!

  10. #148

    Default Re: Steelhead Pics

    How do I attach a picture?

  11. Default



    Just a couple i had on my phone from lake Ontario tribs last winter. Nice fish guys! Nice fish Gator! Are those Ny Erie tribs ?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by bigkais89; 11-29-2012 at 02:06 PM.

  12. Likes thorsten, milt spawn liked this post
  13. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Buffalo/SRQ FL/Götebörg, Sweden
    Posts
    2,431
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Steelhead Pics

    For you gridiron fans, here's some Thursday Morning Football! A still from the go-pro of one of today's fish. Lost the longest of the day when it dove past my friend who was filming and into a sunken woodpile. However, this fish made up for the lost fish in girth. One of my more successful pre-seminar outings.



    Higher quality photos will follow later when they are uploaded by my buddy.
    - A.J.

    Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. warmwater pics
    By nyadirondacks in forum Warmwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 1494
    Last Post: Today, 06:56 PM
  2. Some Great Pics!
    By FrankB2 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 11:27 AM
  3. More pics
    By driftless in forum The Lodge Den
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 11:24 AM
  4. Some pics
    By tordillo in forum Coldwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 08:25 AM
  5. Any pics of this fly?
    By LLL in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •