Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  448
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelhead Pics

Default Re: Steelhead Pics

Thanks Gator! It was the first time on trout/steelhead water in a few months for me and it was great. We hooked 40 fish, landed 27(all wild fish).... 3 hookups were steelhead in the 19"-21" range only one landed though, the rest were rainbows in the 10"-16" class. All in all I had the best day fly fishing for wild trout and steelhead in my life, and our guide told me it was an average day, except for that steelhead were rare in the stretch we drifted. I think I'm going back next week in my pontoon since I dont have the money for another guide right now.
    Last edited by wishiniwerfishin; 12-07-2011 at 10:16 PM.

If you want to check out my blog I have a bunch of steelhead pics there, I'm still struggling with getting fish pics up here. you can click on steelface
    cya guys
    Last edited by mcnerney; 02-05-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Removed URL to personal blog

My first Steel of the year. I had one come un-buttoned yesterday, one this morning and then this nice little hen arount 2:00pm. Man was that water cold!!!

Mike

4. Default Re: Steelhead Pics

Nice fish, did you keep it? If you released it, just a friendly reminder handling a fish like that can compromise its survival.

Beauty colors though!

Hopefully you kept and ate that fish.

HAHAHA I got an "Infraction" for the original post. Too funny; I don't know what I would do with myself if I could no longer post on a forum
    Last edited by Sasha; 02-04-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Too many thin skinned people

Blog Entries

The Erie tribs have been abusing me lately... Finally beat the skunk with some cold steel. Definitely a fresh fish, good runs and flawless fins. The fish weren't having it swinging today, sucker spawn and estaz patterns were the fare for the day.
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Quote Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
    The Erie tribs have been abusing me lately... Finally beat the skunk with some cold steel. Definitely a fresh fish, good runs and flawless fins. The fish weren't having it swinging today, sucker spawn and estaz patterns were the fare for the day.
    Awesome fish! Been a mild winter for you up there, so I imagine there's been plenty of fishing for ya.

I did plan on keeping that fish for my grandmother. I keep one or two a season. But one last act of defiance and it flipped its way back into the creek. $#!& happens!

Mike

Here's one from last weekend. Not the best day of/for fishing, but I managed to land 4 or 5 (over 7 hours on the stream).

Blog Entries

Mtowner, nice fish! Where abouts are you fishing (what part of the country, I don't need the location of your honey hole )?

Here's a fish I brought to hand today, a self-timer shot no less... hence the branches. I didn't want to harm the fish taking forever with a photo shoot, so I just took one quick:
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast