Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  448
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelhead Pics

Blog Entries

Default Re: Steelhead Pics

I just love release photos Thanks KWB!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Awesome pics guys and AJ I thought the rod did a great job but it'll take a few more fish to know for certain. I enjoyed fishing with the rod a lot. Hoping to get up to Oregon tomorrow and see what else the Xa can do.
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Blog Entries

If you can ignore the awful face I'm making in the photo and the fact that the self-timer attempt had a bad focus point due to rush, here's one I caught today... Hit the water at 3, caught this hen within the hour, the photo doesn't really do the fish justice unfortunately.

- A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Good Fish! I drove for 2 hours, got lost, got a flat tire, got lost again and then finally found where I was going and someone forgot to tell the fish to show up. Oh well! you can't win em all. Just living the steelhead dream!
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Blog Entries

Sounds like I was doing similar things on the opposite side of the country! I just got lucky and found the dumbest fish in the creek I just love how obvious it is that I'm like "what's going on here?" toward the screen on my camera as the timer goes off... Too bad I hadn't set up the tripod yet, that would have solved a few problems. And the fish probably would have been in better focus. Should have done the two-handed hold-it-out pose, would have kept the fish in focus and done its size justice...
    - A.J.

6. Default Re: Steelhead Pics

Gotta luv the CHROME

Got out for a little bit today, sorry for the crappy picture.
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Gator, it seriously looks like you laid a deuce in there and are just remembering the why I hate wafers thread.

A few Spring run fish from yesterday on the Feather River, netted 10 fish total, all wild fish except....

The one hatchery fish that came to the net.

And one down streamer from the winter run...

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by siskiyoublues View Post
    Good Fish! I drove for 2 hours, got lost, got a flat tire, got lost again and then finally found where I was going and someone forgot to tell the fish to show up. Oh well! you can't win em all. Just living the steelhead dream!
    Still love this post Carl; reminds me of my old TomTom GPS. Amazing how bad the Oregon maps were on that thing. Like DANGEROUSLY WRONG.

Finally tossed in the towel and purchased a Garmin nuvi 1400. Did the plug in to the computer thing and updated the on board maps and it's dead on (or so far so good). Mapping on the thing is dated 2011 so can't get much more current than that.

The other fun thing is all the Google Earth maps in this area were updated to 2011. Fun to do a river tour 'fly by' of the upper Rogue, the new pics are 100% "Boots on the Ground." Fun to look at the picture that includes your neighborhood and see the Jeep parked in the driveway.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast