Beautiful strory

pab1

Reaction score
Great video, thanks for sharing! Even hearing a reels drag on video (@12:18) puts a smile on my face! :)

jk 8

Reaction score
Great video thanks for sharing. I absolutely love watching that spey casting.

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
I've looked at it a couple of times, and I think a fish hits on the surface, seems to be just off the screen on the bottom left but the splash is visible at about 11:41. It's betwen her and the cameraman, right where she's ripping the line off the water. I looked at it a few times and am pretty sure that's what it is. That or the cameraman is not worried about being hit by a fly and is splashing the water for some unknown reason. Great video.

Last edited:

fire instructor

Reaction score
Amazing video! Thank you for sharing! But for a newbie (still waiting to take a casting class in the Spring), what was the purpose of the double flip like casts that she was making? The first flip seemed to bring the fly back to close to her, then the second put it where she wanted it. Is it because of insufficient room to backcast?

swirlchaser

Reaction score
Amazing video! Thank you for sharing! But for a newbie (still waiting to take a casting class in the Spring), what was the purpose of the double flip like casts that she was making? The first flip seemed to bring the fly back to close to her, then the second put it where she wanted it. Is it because of insufficient room to backcast?
She was using a two handed rod. The length of the rod, type of line, and extra leverage allows you to make a cast with no backcast of false casting. Most commonly known as Spey Casting

fire instructor

Reaction score
Thank you. Swirlchaser! I knew that it was nothing that I had seen in my reading and instructional materials on basic casting. I'll stick to learning and mastering basic casting before concern myself with moving up to "advanced" rods and techniques!