Ever have one of them days....

wt bash

Reaction score
You know where you can do no wrong? The planets align, every cast is perfect, your fly holds up, Murphy is no where in sight, and the fish wilingly jump right on the end of your line? Its rare but I took a little gamble, weather wise, and the chips fell in my favor. I was trying to get on a hatch of BWO's but they were no where in sight fortunatly it didn't matter:D! A #20 Griffen's Gnat was on fire, so I decided to try a #20 wingless Adams and it was volcanic!!! Fall colors in full swing no one out and a slow tailout all to myself today was my heaven on Earth!

wt bash

Reaction score
The lessons in humility always seem to out number those perfect days but without being humbled, days like to today might not mean as much. I payed the River Gods a small ransom in boots, flies, and leaky waders, payed attention to some of the smaller details and simplified everything. With a roll of the dice it all payed off. Will it happen again tomorrow, NO WAY, it'll be all wind knots, the invisible branch that reaches out and grabs flies mid-flight, crowds, you name it! I've learned to consider the "bad days" as classroom days and then the good days are like acing a test.

kevthebassman

Reaction score
At this point I'd just settle for a day on the water, period. Lack of money and time have put the brakes on my hobbies.

RayMO

Reaction score
I have more of the days that are lessons in humility, end up on my butt, knots around my legs, you name it I have pretty much done it.

But ohhhh when things do go right...HOW sweet its...good for you.

At my age it figure it is a good day when I just don't get hurt in some way..