Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gatlinburg TN

1. Default Gatlinburg TN

MY family is going to Gatlinburg for thanksgiving. We went to the Little River last year and had a little luck. Any idea what there hitting now? thanks

Default Re: Gatlinburg TN

Visit the fly shop there in town. Buy a half dozen or dozen of flies. I am sure they will be able to tell you where to go. The shop is The Smoky Mountain Angler I do believe...

-Forrest

3. Default Re: Gatlinburg TN

I was there over the summer. Tried fishing in Gatlinburg but the crowds were insane. Drove through the Smokies until I got to the Indian Reservation. Right before you get into that town there is a river I fished that fished really well. I can't think of the name right now, but it's worth the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by louisianatrapper View Post
    MY family is going to Gatlinburg for thanksgiving. We went to the Little River last year and had a little luck. Any idea what there hitting now? thanks
    I fished the Middle Prong of the Little Pigeon back in the beginning of October. I didn't catch but one fish, had a great time hiking the river though. Talk to the guys at Smoky Mountain Angler, they were great guys and will put you on some fish.

Talk to smoky mountain angler and get a new park map. I had some great luck in mid september when I was there. over two days of brief fishing ( it was a family vacay ) i brought to hand over 3 dozen brookies. just find a small stream that deep back in the park and fish it. green, yellow and orange are the colors for drys and dark small nymphs.

You will need a state permit if you want to fish in the park, and then a city permit if you want to fish right thru gatlinburg just as an FYI
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

6. Default Re: Gatlinburg TN

I would most likely be fishing a nymph such as a Telico or Prince or BHPT. They will need to be ticking bottom but the fishing in the park has been good.
    I would drive over to Little River Outfitters and see what they have to say.
    Good Luck,
    Austin

PM sent................................

8. Default Re: Gatlinburg TN

Talk to the guys at Little River Outfitters in Townsend. I would also fish outside the national park as the fish there are wild and very small on average.

Some years ago the owner of the fly shop took me fishing. He used braided baitcasting line with a long leader and a yellowhammer. Short line casting in pocket water. Oh, and WATCH THE GREYBACKS IF YOU WEAR FELTS!