Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Fine Day Out....

Default Re: A Fine Day Out....

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfish13 View Post
    Beautiful fish an nice report! I have to as Is that a glass rod you are useing? If so more details on it please....
    Sean is using a 7' 3wt Lamiglass. He loves that slow action! I've tired it before and it's great with a fish on, but I can't for the life of me cast it well. No surprise considering a use a Sage TXL and love it...
    I fish, therefore, I drink...

Beautiful pics and an awesome report.
    Wild troutin', blue linin', fly flingin', camo wearin', redneckin' elitist.

Quote from two year old grandson "OH OH OH Pretty Want Want!!"

And I second that sentiment. Beautiful!

4. Default Re: A Fine Day Out....

Those bows have some awesome color! Take me fishing next time I'll book a plane ticket right now!

5. Default Re: A Fine Day Out....

Quote Originally Posted by auntrout View Post
    Very nice looking fish. I'm also from So Cal but have never fished any of the local waters, which really limits my time on the water; only a few trips to the Sierras each year and maybe one up to the Kern. Were these fish from the upper San Gabriel River area? Was wondering what local waters may be in my own backyard that I need to start investigating. Thanks.
    Aunttrout those were not from the San Gabes area. Anytime anyone want's to look into some local waters, let me know. I am always looking to take people out on some of the waters. Kind of nice to show people that in the middle of 22 plus million people that we have wild and scenic waters to escape to.
    I found out last weekend with Creeker we don't have to go far to get Sierra size fish... Its just that they are few and far between. We were both as giddy as school girls after I caught that one. Actually I wouldnt have been able to land that one if it hadnt been for his help. But as usual we did have a great time out on the water. We seem to do a great job of working the water together.
    LOL Curtis, I borrowed a few pics and was about to do a quick report but you beat me to it. It just took a few days!!!
    The glass rod is a Lamiglass 3wt that is 7 ft long. I really like that rod and it's my favorite rod to use on the local brushy streams. It has a very delicate presentation with the dry flies. I have been finding out on my outings with Creeker that it does pretty good with the nymphs and a thingamabobber. For some reason I can't throw the double nymph rigs like Creeker can though. Like he said, it's pretty slow and I always seem to wind up with tangled mess when I do that.

Sean

6. Default

Now you are making me jealous having to see those pics on two forums. I will have to PM you for more info on a good entry point to where you are fishing. The biggest I have caught in a SoCal creek was a few weeks ago at 13in. That is a monster fish, this mild winter is really making it nice to get out and fish, I am off to the Kern on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputinj View Post
    Now you are making me jealous having to see those pics on two forums. I will have to PM you for more info on a good entry point to where you are fishing. The biggest I have caught in a SoCal creek was a few weeks ago at 13in. That is a monster fish, this mild winter is really making it nice to get out and fish, I am off to the Kern on Sunday.
    Good luck at the Kern. I think the snow we got on Wednesday will quiet things down a bit. When you want to get up, let me know!
    I fish, therefore, I drink...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12