southern colorado and northern new mexico

phish

Reaction score
Hello all, what an cool site for researching gear. Anyway, i just fished 10 rivers and creeks throughout northern nm and southern co. The fishing was great. Yellow humpy did the trick at every river, with a little help from a copper john dropper. Everyone should see new mexico in the fall.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi phish,

Welcome to the forum. Do you live in that area or just on vacation? Got any pictures? We have a couple of posters that fish that area.

philthy

Reaction score
Hi phish,

Welcome aboard....there's tons of great people that frequent here, and Frank's definately one of them! Where were you fishing? I try to hit the Jemez a couple times a month and the San Juan at least once a month, but am looking forward to the cooler weather that should be here soon. Where are you from? I'm in Albuquerque.

Phil

phish

Reaction score
I am from Clovis. I never take a camera, but probably should. I fished the Cimarron, Santa Barbara, Rio Puelbo, in New Mexico. West Fork of San Juan, Upper Rio Grande(above reservoir), Beaver Creek, Lost Creek, Squaw Creek, and South Fork in colorado.(and one one other creek that shall remain nameless) I am looking forward to some october hatches as well phil

philthy

Reaction score
Clovis, huh? I did a 3 year stint at Cannon AFB about 10 years ago, but left in 98 for my final assignment in Tucson before I retired. It wasn't bad, except for the fact that you had to drive a long way to go anywhere LOL. I did love the small town atmosphere and the folks were nice. I still need to hit some of the streams down around Ruidoso one of these days, and the Pecos as well. I feel pretty blessed to be this close to great fly fishing.

hardhat

Reaction score
You guys sure have a nice state for hunting and fishing. I spent a few days fishing there a couple of weeks back. You can be sure that I will spend some extra days there next time. I fished the Santa Cruz, Pecos and the Jemez rivers. All spots were very beautiful and the fishing was productive. In late winter or early spring my son and I are going to fish the San Juan and maybe one other stream in the area. Next week I will be trying some different places on the Platt in CO.