southern utah

southwestangler

Reaction score
Made it out to a Utah river for the first trip of the year! Fishing was slow, but I did manage a couple of good fish.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

penjak

Reaction score
I love fishing in Utah, mostly because my wife really likes Utah so its no problem at all to tell her " hey, you wanna go to Utah for a few days?" without hesitation, she says, " I'll start packing". I haven't fishing Southern Utah, but I am now thanks to your pics,,

penjak

Reaction score
Yes, I totally agree. I'm from So Cal so the closest quality waters to me are Hot Creek and E. Walker in the eastern sierras. Now talk about combat fishing, sometimes the rivers are soo crowded, its like everyone is fishing with a guide cuz the next agler is breathing down your neck, waiting to inch his way in to throw in his line..cant Wait to retire, only 10have more years,, Heber Valley is already on my list

sinc

Reaction score
I know a place in southern Utah in the middle of the canyons where a cold stream runs out into a huge shallow rocky delta before flowing into a warm river. You can walk through the water (1 ft deep), and fat trout jump out of your way. Casting is easy, and catching is good in July.

I'm not telling where it is, but it proves that there is fly fishing even in some of the canyons which are primarily desert.

tbblom

Reaction score
Driving through Utah during the holidays, I stumbled across a very small cold stream in the heart of canyon country.
It was loaded with nice browns that were incredibly hard to sneak up on.
The fishing was great, totally unexpected, and there were actually some pigs in that 10' wide creek. I look forward to getting back to that canyon. There is about a 3 mile stretch of creek between the 'river' and a waterfall that cuts off the upper end. What a gem!:eek:

mojo

Reaction score
Utah has the worst fishing in the U.S.
Don't bother going to fish Utah. All the best fishing in Utah is in Idaho. Save your money.
The Green River has dried up and the Provo rivers have nothing but chub in them.
Same with Strawberry Reservoir. Nothing but chubs.