3/13 Very Short Trip Report

possessed

Reaction score
This is a really short report. I took very few pictures today of fish or anything else.

I arrived at the stream at 1145 this morning, expecting the rain to stop at any time, at least that's what the weatherman said. It rained on me for an hour or so, but it wasn't that bad.

I wanted to fish a micro stream I have looked at a few times on the map. I arrived and began fishing. Immediately, I was into some pretty small rainbows.

After an hour or so of catching a bunch of these little guys, I decided to bale out of the stream, bushwack through the woods and back to my truck. I actually did catch a few that were decent size, but this is the only picture I took, I was not in a picture taking mood today.

I decided I had enough micro fishing for the day and headed off to a familiar stream that was nearby. I actually fished a section that I had never fished before.

After maybe 5 minutes, I had my first fish.

I ran the dry/dropper through the run a few times. Then I decided to drop it right in the middle in the little calm spot, he nailed it immediately.

A few minutes later, another decent brown. This guy put up a pretty good fight. I had to let him "run around" for a few minutes before he tired enough to let me net him.

I hooked another rainbow a little while later that was rather nice size. He spit the hook after about a minute long fight.

The rest of the day was rather uneventful. I caught quite a few smaller fish.

Wet wading in March? It was awesome!!! 75 degrees outside and the water really was fine for wet wading.

Reactions: Ard

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Possessed: Looks like an awesome day on the water, hard to imagine being able to wet wade in March! LOL! Congrats on the great looking trout!

Reaction score
Thanks for the photos, our opener is still about 30 days away, but as of now it looks like the snow & ice will be gone. But in Vermont you never know for sure!

stimulator2

Reaction score
Looks like you had a good time, makes me want to stay out of work . but with any luck this weekend it will be off to the park for a day of fishing for me..

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, I agree with the "you're not making it any easier waiting for the snow melt" post! My brother tells me it was 75* in North Central PA. today! Unheard of, but were I there I'd have been fishing :)

Beautiful as always,

Ard

latshki

Reaction score
I am so jealous of those lucky enough to have rivers that are open all year, especially this past week,it's been real warm, up until yesterday, when we got a foot of snow...

tight lines, that stream looks beautiful!

xxdanielt3

Reaction score
Very nice pictures! I can't wait for our trout season to start, gonna try and nail some stockies!