Some pics

tordillo

Reaction score
A couple of browns from Argentina and a baby golden dorado from my country (Uruguay), this little fellow was taken with a n° 2 rod.

These pictures have some years I will upload newer ones...but lately I have been more concentrated in big game hunting rather than flyfishing but I am doing a sort of "come back" and the fishing bugger is inside me again :D

T

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi T,

The trout are beauties, welcome to the group. I don't think we have any members from Uruguay and I didn't know you had trout there. Argentina is famous for the big browns and those are big ones. I'll be in touch about salmon fishing.

Ard

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
tordillo-

Welcome to the forum-- those are great pics --- beautiful fish. I'm sure a lot of our members would be very interested in hearing more about the fishing in Uruguay for dorado and those big trout in Argentina.

And congratulations for your national team's performance in the World Cup! Your whole country must have been going wild--- very exciting games and your whole team (including Diego Forlan) played very well together- they were great to watch!

tordillo

Reaction score
The trouts pictures are from Argentina (Filo Hua Hum river), during summer the banks of this small river are full of hoppers so this pattern is very good for jenuary and february. The last picture is a baby dorado (Salminus Maxillosus).

We don't have trouts here in Uruguay, we have fresh water dorados and tarariras, both are toothy and very agresive fish.

Dorados and Tarariras are fished mostly with streamers and poppers also work very good for the tarariras. We have two kind of tarariras, the black one, very sportive and bigger (Hoplias Lacerdae) and the common one (Hoplias Malabaricus).

This is a picture of a typical river from my country.

T

Last edited: