Classic Salmon Flies

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,

I posted this link in another post. The flies are so good that I wanted to make sure you all get a chance to see them. They are terrific.

Got to this site and click on the "Svenska" link to enter the site. DO NOT CLICK ON THE ENGLISH LINK. The English link will tie up your computer. After you enter the site click on the "Gallery" located on the left side of the page.

Frank

Bruce

Reaction score
Beautiful flies. Wish I could've opened the English site. It would have been nice to understand the text associated with the patterns.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi to All,

Bruce, I got into the English site one time and read about the Aurthur. He ties with out a bobbin or vise. I guess you can get away with that on those big flies.

troutbum, thanks for the link. That fellow is a great tyer. I really liked his Angle Fish.

Anyone looking at these flies should note how slim the body and head are. No buildup of materials in these flies.

Frank

wfosborn

Reaction score
Wow, some beautiful flies there. And all totally different than what people up here use for Salmon flies.

Also, I have no problem opening up the English site. Using Firefox with Noscript, could be why?

Thanks for showing us that link.

--W

Fishstick

Reaction score
Some real works of art on both sites. My flies are so bad they just scare the fish into a coma. I can just wade around and pick up the stunned trout off the surface.

mikesalmon

Reaction score
Beautiful Flies for sure.
I don't think I would want to fish one.
I would be afraid that a fish may take it on me.
They are works of ART.

No problem with the english site using firefox.

Tight Lines , Mike

CapeBSalar

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I'm new here, was just browsing the Internet and came across the site. Saw a familiar link to flyangler.ca - Canada's Home Fly-fishing Waters - Home and the Interview that I did with Mike Radencich, I'm glad you liked it Troutbum. I had a great time putting this interview together. The images that you saw were actually taken by Mike Himself and he was kind enough to let us use them for the article.

Will be poking around the site here more to see what it's all about, looks interesting so far.

Best Regards,

Damian Lee Welsh

riversedgeflyfishing -

saltyer

Reaction score
Classic Fly Books
When I was carrying out the research for my books on classic salmon & Sea Trout flies I also collected the patterns for over 4500 old Grayling and Trout flies. I have been asked to also put these into book form, which I have now done. If any one is interested you can find details of the book on classicflybooks.yolasite.com I am also considering making a second edition of "The Fly Dresser's Guide to Classic Salmon and Sea Trout Flies" containing over 4000 patterns and numerous colour photographs. Again, if you might be interested look at the above web site

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------