Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Best Time Fishing in Years

Quote Originally Posted by stimulator2 View Post
    Mine girlfriend fishes with me and she is getting pretty good at it .It's great thatr you got her out and fishing with you.
    Yeah, it's pretty sweet - we're going home to FL for a week this Saturday, and usually she's the lookout while I'm sight-fishing snook and reds... I'm thinking the roles are going to be reversed this time...
    -Austin

Thats awsome! I wish my wife would show some interest, even if it was to just go along and watch sometime.

That's a great story and some beautiful scenery. You just might have a lifelong fishing partner now.
    Congrats to her, and you.

I think you caught a keeper there
    ...some men go to church and think of fishing while other men go fishing and feel closer to God

5. Default Re: Best Time Fishing in Years

Nice.. is that a Long Island stream?

We had a similar experience lately. My girlfriend realized that fishing was a lot more fun than just coming along with a book. Longest time we have ever spent together at a stream! I got her a small box, nippers, forceps, and some flies so she can be self sufficient. (last thing she wants is my help!)
    She got her first trout on a black wooly and has been playing with my 3wt and 5wt. And now she took my 7wt to Florida with my bonefish flies

Instagram page @tblom77

Always took girlfriends and wives fishing . Lotta fun. Looks like you had an awesome day. That looks like your fishing either the Carmens or the Nissequoge! Great fisheries!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

8. Default Re: Best Time Fishing in Years

Is that a Heptigeneidae?

9. Default Re: Best Time Fishing in Years

Looks like you had wonderfull time with your girlfriend.
    It's very nice when you have someone close to you to fly-fish togeder, even if begginer, anyone who has passion for fishing can become your partner for life.
    Fishing Product Testers Wanted
    Keep all the product you test free!

Blog Entries

Aglohm, you're a lucky man (until she starts coming along all the time and you really just want that day alone, like Dennis was saying, but even then it's still a fishing buddy so it's not all bad). I'm working on long-term psychological warfare to get my fiancee into it, but she's a diehard saltwater fisherman and I haven't been able to fully convince her to make the transition yet... She made some statement about needing waders for fishing in NY the other night though... I think the campaign may be swinging in my favor.

TB, I know exactly what you mean about the self-sufficiency bit, offering to help can be downright dangerous at times...

Great post Aglohm, where in Florida is home for you? I'm from Sarasota, I always look forward to heading home for snook, redfish, and more recently tarpon.
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast