Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Not Even the Dentist...

Default Not Even the Dentist...

Well yesterday my loving wife made me go to the dentist, I figured since I had to take some time off work I might as well make take a full day and get some mid-week fishing in. I wound up hiring a guide (Ken from Davidson River Outfitters) for a half day on their private water. We had such a great day on the river, not even going to the dentist that afternoon could bum me out! I got some great instruction, caught some awesome fish, and definitely improved my fishing!

It was a pretty chilly day so we mostly nymphed but also a threw a few streamers here and there. Wound up netting 11 rainbows, with a few coming unbuttoned as well. One heck of a day in January!!

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."
    ~by Tony Blake

"A trout is a moment of beauty known only to those who seek it."
    ~ Arnold Gingrich

2. Likes williamhj, shotgunfly, lthrnk03, jpbfly liked this post

Default Re: Not Even the Dentist...

Nice fish! I think I have a dental cleaning coming up soon...
    - William

Can't think of a better way to spend the day after a trip to the dentist. Great pics...

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Fishing Beats going to The Dentist any Day,also to add to what little david has said,like The Song Goes,"What a Lovely way to Spend an Evening,can't think of anything I'd rather do",maybe there might just be a thing or two,very marginarly???.
    The Bonus was you landed some Nice Fish.
    Brian.

Blog Entries

You should eat more candies and brush your teeth less often

7. Likes fishiowa liked this post