Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First trip of spring

Default Re: First trip of spring

Sounds like a great day on the water William. Got to love when your wife suggests that you should go fishing. I love when that happens. Hope you guys have a great spring down there.

2. Likes williamhj liked this post

Did you have a chance to get on that stream today? It was one of those incredible days...

No, actually hoped to take my oldest yesterday but timing didn't work. Hoping next weekend You?
    - William

Got in the water at 8. 35 air temp, 33 water surface temp. Fish rising everywhere. Caught fish til I couldn't feel my feet or fingers. Had to stop and back out to warm up a couple times. Air warmed gradually, water temps as well. Fished until 1. Probably not more than 40 fish, mostly browns, but two remarkeable fish. A brown that's eluded me for at least two seasons was hungrier than smart, got him on a #20 BWO. Big, snakehead-looking fish. The other- about once a year I'll see a big rainbow, hanging in the current, looking like a silver torpedo, and it ignores everything I can present. Not today. Hands and knees in the water, slack water about 3 feet wide, #24 black RS2 got him. There was a family watching from the willows, the guy's jaw dropped when he saw the fish. Fat, dark green, pink and silver, my hand didn't go even a third around it's belly. Still smiling. Casa de Oso.

6. Likes williamhj liked this post

Sounds like a great day. Congrats on the fish, as fun as catching a bunch of fish can be catching one or two tough ones is very satisfying. Jealous for sure but glad you got out. My brother hit Cheesman and said there were midges hatching, large rainbow on a griffith's gnat. Definitely a good day to be out. Hope next weekend is as well.
    - William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12