Conejos river colorado ? trip in late june

r reese

Reaction score
Going to camp lake fork rio grande national forest campground next to river what flies ? never fished out west . tailwaters arkansas only any help would be great

Reactions: Ard

lacanadio

Reaction score
I'd stop at Fox Creek Store or Conejos River Anglers on the way in (I'm assuming you're taking CO 17 eastbound from US 285) and ask them what's popping. CRA also posts periodic reports; look for the reports online, they talk patterns and what's working in them.

Stoneflies will probably be going strong that high up the river at that time, but I'm certainly no expert on the Conejos: the aforementioned folks are.

That said, it's a wonderful river in some very beautiful country. I plan on being on it mid-June myself and perhaps a couple more times during the year - but it's only a 2 hour jaunt from here.

Bob

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
For more info on the Conejos river you might want to tune into Ask About Fly Fishing Internet Radio tomorrow night at 7 pm as they are doing an episode on the Conejos river.

John Harp will be the guest speaker, has guided fly fishers for over 17 years on the Conejos River in southern Colorado. Discover one of the last pristine, undeveloped river systems in the West and learn about the big wild brown and rainbow trout you can hook into.

Fly Fishing - Internet Radio