Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  72
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Trout Pics

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tiger Trout

Those are some amazing fish, you're right about the one male being one heck of a specimen! I really do love their patterning. That one you caught certainly does have some monster shoulders and a face like a grouper! Glad you guys had a great day!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

sweet fish thanks for the post and the pics!

Nick,beaut Fish,beaut Pics,even though I'm yet to catch one I've read heaps on them & seen many pics over many years,yours are by far The Largest I've seen,hopefully you both can hook one of those Monsters.
    Brian.

Thanks everyone!

All I can really say is it's the fishery and proper management that have proven to be successful! It's pretty amazing to have a fishery where your average fish is 20" and it's not uncommon for anglers to catch 10+ fish in a day!

Because they're such a rarity and such an aggressive fish, fisheries knew that in order for the fishery to be successful, a no kill and no power boats regulation would have to be implemented. This has been the critical factor that has put the fishery on the map!

I was there a couple weeks ago and caught some of the larger fish as well, up to 26-inches, and some really nice males! Unfortunately on that trip I was by myself and was limited to my photos of fish. =S

5. Likes baseman1, mcnerney, deafbuzz liked this post

Default Tiger Trout Pics

I've only ever caught one and don't have any pics, but I thought there should be a thread for tiger trout pics.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tiger Trout Pics

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishcatcher View Post
    I've only ever caught one and don't have any pics, but I thought there should be a thread for tiger trout pics.
    Bunch of years ago they used to stock a bunch of them in the local 'pond', more like a really big pool behind a damn in a small river.

They are a riot! Not super selective for the most part and you never have to guess when they hit a streamer or a retrieved nymph.
    I'm currently out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message, and if you would like to reach me by phone, please hang up now.

8. Likes mcnerney liked this post

From my fishing buddy up in the Wisconsin Driftless region. Natural Tiger, not a stocker.

Nice fish diamond rush! Any more pics?

Beautiful! On my bucket list.

Randy
    “Fishing for me, as funny as it sounds, is sorta my brand of praying almost. I’m never closer to my spirituality than when I’m in the act of fishing.” - JT Van Zandt

Beautiful tiger! That has to be one of the most striking colored tigers that I have seen.. I have seen lots of pictures of them, but I still need to get somewhere to catch one! It's on the list.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast