Fishing the river from a FLoat Tube

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Great trip report and really nice to see you involve the whole family in the outdoors, that was just awesome.......the fantastic fishing sure didn't hurt the whole experience either!

What section of the Green are you planning on fishing?

I have been wanting to take the new dog on a float with the pontoon boat, it is an NFO Rampage and has plenty of room in the back for her, just a little worried whether or not she will stay put in the boat, so I bought a dog PFD for her and yesterday I put the pontoon on the front yard and had her get in, which she eagerly did, so maybe it will work out.

cpiercem

Reaction score
That is a boat load! Beautiful pictures and fish. Looks like it was a fun trip for all. Any problems with bumping rocks in the float tubes?

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Gentlemen.

FAE--We had them on, you just cant see them. In all seriousness we wear them when we are in class 2 or above. Just about that entire float is class 1.

Larry-- We are headed up to float A and B below FG. The new pup did great for a first time. Once she figured out to settle down she was a pleasure.

cpier-- Hitting rocks is not a problem, they are easy to avoid on this section and as long as you are on the side of the rock and not upstream hitting them is usually no issue...when you hit them straight on and there is heavy current it can push the back or side of your tube down into the water and dump truck you... Stay away from this situation.

All Ruth can talk about is our next float. She is hooked.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Thanks Gentlemen.

FAE--We had them on, you just cant see them. In all seriousness we wear them when we are in class 2 or above.

Good looking group of 'Of my tomorrows' funding the SS cheque. ;)Keep them, and you safe.

Remember my first trip with Julie and Greg on the Russian River in Nor-Cal. (KiAcks-spelling intended) Well schooled on a lake before they ever saw moving water. A good thing as the three had to do an 'Ah Ship' with a family on rented canoes. We launched, and watched them launch. "J/G, we'll follow them as they're a disaster looking for a place to happen."

Went back to the Ford Exploder (just kidding, thing ran like a good clock) and got a 50' shot of 3/8th's inch of rope.

Took a couple of hours, but Greg was on the end of the line pulling two of the stupid sob's out of deep ship. Julie and I were on the other end of the line pulling with every thing we had.

Frederick A. Evans

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Larry-- We are headed up to float A and B below FG. The new pup did great for a first time. Once she figured out to settle down she was a pleasure.

Glad you guys had such a great trip. The Green below FG is really hard to beat, have fun and be safe. I usually fish there in late April or early May, for some reason I didn't make it down, got to put it on the list.